Fallow stalking

wildfowler.250

Right, time to pick the SD brains.. Are there any estates in the UK where you can reliably have a good chance of shooting a good fallow? By good I mean medal size/without fish tails ect? Does it have to be park animals or are there any estates big enough to have a reasonable chance of getting a medal wild one? Or do you have to go abroad? Hungary or somewhere?

I’m not a trophy hunter as such,(I enjoy hinds as much as anything) but I’d really like to take a good one as a one off. I’ve stalked all other 5 species so it would be nice do do something different.

Hope everyone’s having a nice weekend!

Cheers!

sako751sg

Will follow this as there seems to be a lack of suppliers on the fallow front.

Think red and fallow sound like the hardest to achieve although obviously being up here means travelling to get access to some of the others.

James0586

Britishshooting services have pictures of big fallow taken by stalkers on their website.

cost or park/ wild I’m unsure but worth a look mate...

Essex stalker

You could try Andy Papworth at Eridge Park in Kent, I went out with him a number of times before I got my own ground and always found him a great guy. Not sure if he has medal bucks as it has been quite a few years since I last went there

wildfowler.250

Cheers guys! Appreciate the replies and will save all of them as a reference. Keep any more coming! Always appreciate hearing people’s experiences before booking anything

Will follow this as there seems to be a lack of suppliers on the fallow front.

Think red and fallow sound like the hardest to achieve although obviously being up here means travelling to get access to some of the others.
I think it’s the fact that they seem to wander that causes a lot of issues. It’s a bit daft but I’d rather shoot a pricket at a cull price or shoot a cracker. Anything halfway just doesn’t really interest me when you’re paying for a fee.

No harm in travelling though, nice to see somewhere new

novice

I've no direct contacts, but understand that estates in and around the new forest produce the majority of wild medals in England.

I imagine the price reflects the rarity though.

Novice

wildfowler.250

Thanks for the reply! I’m sure someone on here maybe knows someone in that area? There’s always a fine balance between a guide offering a reasonable price and then shavesgreen money

sako751sg

Cheers guys! Appreciate the replies and will save all of them as a reference. Keep any more coming! Always appreciate hearing people’s experiences before booking anything

I think it’s the fact that they seem to wander that causes a lot of issues. It’s a bit daft but I’d rather shoot a pricket at a cull price or shoot a cracker. Anything halfway just doesn’t really interest me when you’re paying for a fee.

No harm in travelling though, nice to see somewhere new

Absolutely,great going somewhere new but can be a minefield if lack of homework done.

Im the same if paying,would rather go all in with a very good head to get it ticked off the list.

Going down to Suffolk again with the old fella for a few days and maybe get the munty ticked,as in medal.Have done all six but would like a fallow and munty medal.
Have loads of roe,two silver CWDs and a sika to score that im sure is a bronze so would be great to complete the set although red might be a bit out of it for now.