Farm Yard Pannel Beating....

Tim.243

One of the farmers I do work for rang asking it I could have a look at his Mums car!

Turns out his Dad took "Her Car" and it came back with a nasty low down gouge in the sill!

The car sprayer has no pulling gear so as usual I get the call!

It came out very well after the improvised pulling kit, I dug out what I needed including my stud welder for the smaller dents after the pulling. He was having kittens as the quarter panel was flexing like a set of bellows lol.

I wanted him to send his Mum the pictures but he chickened out, it is know at the painters for there bit!!

Tim.243

paul o'

Tut such fuss over a little dent ;) nice get out of jail dozer mty , mine was the Cemetery gates :eek: they made a perfect rear end or inner wing puller :norty:

2130martin

I like the way you protect the vehicle with card and masking tape while yanking the hell out of it with a hydraulic ram welded to the sill!!:thumb:

paul o'

That was to stop the hot tip /welding splatter lol old school getting done sorted none of them fire blankets and HSE bolx
bet it comes out a treat with a bit of know how, i never let the owner see what happens after they crash there car ?? they cry :cry: as you pull the crap out of it :lol:

Tim.243

I like the way you protect the vehicle with card and masking tape while yanking the hell out of it with a hydraulic ram welded to the sill!!:thumb:
That was to protect the trim from the mist of hydraulic oil when the fitting started leaking...........!

That ram is on its last legs as I used to pull 7.5 ton chassis over back in the day....We went out and bought 6 damaged ford cargos, repaired and sold the lot!!

When work was what you brought, fixed, painted and sold......the office was the cardboard box you took to the accountant!

**** getting on a train to work in the city!! lol

Tim.243

penta

That was to protect the trim from the mist of hydraulic oil when the fitting started leaking...........!

That ram is on its last legs as I used to pull 7.5 ton chassis over back in the day....We went out and bought 6 damaged ford cargos, repaired and sold the lot!!

When work was what you brought, fixed, painted and sold......the office was the cardboard box you took to the accountant!

Tim.243
Really !!!. :lol:

2130martin

Tim.243

We had a real executive type office.....a Rover biscuit tin!!:thumb:

paul o'

I married my ( accountant ) it was cheaper and at just an a4 each week ? :norty: a box was far more expensive no more head scratching :D mind you 30 years on she still keeps tabs on me :banghead: :lol: yeh like F*** . no pix all mine are on 35 mm lol

Is that the dozer in your work shop ?

Tim.243

I married my ( accountant ) it was cheaper and at just an a4 each week ? :norty: a box was far more expensive no more head scratching :D mind you 30 years on she still keeps tabs on me :banghead: :lol: yeh like F*** . no pix all mine are on 35 mm lol

Is that the dozer in your work shop ?
On the Cargo...Yes (home made) Really lol

Tim.243

monarman

I'm amazed those stupid useless pathetic excuse that jcb call "pallet tines" stayed in place throughout the process!!!!!! Mr Bamford should be ashamed that his design team came up with such a ridiculous crazy notion that they'd be any good for their intended purpose let alone for anything else other than swearing at !!!!!!!!!!! @#$#@#d things they are!!!!!!!

Anyway....... improvisation on a farm is part and parcel even if your not a farmer! Nice job Tim .

rodp

Always liked working on the trucks. I used to cut brand new ones in half and stretch or shorten them to customer spec. The gaffer always used to have palpitations when I cut a brand new truck up :lol: