Vacancy: FC Trainee Wildlife Ranger - Central England

slider

A great opportunity for someone. do FC /FE only recruit on a fixed term contract?
Bit of a mix really, most roles will be permanent but I expect this is a fixed term as it's a trainee role.
Lots of trainee/apprentice roles have been created across the civil service as part of the Covid "Green recovery" pledge.
I have read the dettail of this one but I would be surprised if it doesn't open opportunity for a permanent role if the appointee makes a decent fist of it.

Dan Newcombe

As I understand - the trainee role is fixed term but as Slider suggests, once they have invested in the trainee-ness then you are likely to be kept on.

hendrix's rifle

Bit of a mix really, most roles will be permanent but I expect this is a fixed term as it's a trainee role.
Lots of trainee/apprentice roles have been created across the civil service as part of the Covid "Green recovery" pledge.
I have read the dettail of this one but I would be surprised if it doesn't open opportunity for a permanent role if the appointee makes a decent fist of it.
A few years ago it was a fixed term and upon completion a guaranteed job at the end

GSP84

Makes sense to be FTC, if you can’tfind and shoot the deer… no good being perm staff, as they can’t get rid of you.