Fears Over Workers Getting “Pinged” Covid-19 Track and Trace

Tazz

Much in the news and questions in parliament re potential 2-3M people being off work through Test and Trace using the NHS App contacting people by mid August. Unless I am missing something it’s now the 19th with no/little restrictions why would the Majority of people continue to carry that App on their phones rather than delete it, what’s the “ upside” for an individual user? Are not droves of people now just deleting it who will now be safe from being pinged?

Morkai

Exactly, what’s the upside unless you really like it indoors
God knows.

There's a bar local to me that I was planning on going to today (I'm on leave this week)....they posted over the weekend that one of them has been pinged and will be shut for two weeks.......

If that was my business I would not be running it with such a lack of resilience that if one of your staff members goes down or calls in sick you have to close.

How people sink so much money into a business and then do stupid things like that makes you question their business acumen....unless they're are too comfortable on government handouts.

Klenchblaize

God knows.

There's a bar local to me that I was planning on going to today (I'm on leave this week)....they posted over the weekend that one of them has been pinged and will be shut for two weeks.......

If that was my business I would not be running it with such a lack of resilience that if one of your staff members goes down or calls in sick you have to close.

How people sink so much money into a business and then do stupid things like that makes you question their business acumen....unless they're are too comfortable on government handouts.
Clearly some establishments have a game plan!
K

Tazz

God knows.

Same issue with two pubs in the adjoining villages to me. The issue is that when 1 staff member tests positive all the other staff get pinged as the phones work out they were in close contact, mass deletion is the way to go

Woodsmoke

Yep. We have a wildlife centre and café near us, and the entire place has had to close down (again!) this week due to one of the staff testing positive. It's costing them an absolute fortune as the animals still need to be cared for, but they've had limited income due to the last 18 months complete disruption. Sooner this bloody idiocy is dealt with and gone the better

Morkai

Same issue with two pubs in the adjoining villages to me. The issue is that when 1 staff member tests positive all the other staff get pinged as the phones work out they were in close contact, mass deletion is the way to go
People seem to be still overlooking that you dont have to isolate unless called by test and trace call centre not just because the app says so.

Morkai

Yep. We have a wildlife centre and café near us, and the entire place has had to close down (again!) this week due to one of the staff testing positive. It's costing them an absolute fortune as the animals still need to be cared for, but they've had limited income due to the last 18 months complete disruption. Sooner this bloody idiocy is dealt with and gone the better
So much for learning to live with it.....

Tazz

The next month will be very interesting on the stats front, hopefully the high level of vaccination take up should control the hospitalisation rates and knocks on in to the death rate. I can’t imagine the government triggering Lockdown 4 ( The last sequel!!!) but I am not ruling it out

McKenzie

One of our sons caught Covid at school and as a consequence the entire year was sent home for the last week before the summer holidays. He has rarely been more popular with his classmates!

opticron1

Funnily enough, our system up here is slightly less bad than down south as we still have our contacting and case tracing going through our local public health set ups rather than all going through call centre jokers. So if you were no-where near the affected person in a bar/hotel/wildlife centre you can explain that to Public Health and they'll tell you you're ok. However the whole system is slanted towards implying that you're at risk and if we carry on as we are, there will be no-one left at work as we'll all be isolating "just in case"..... Agree with you that this idiotic situation needs a radical rethink and to allow a bit of a return to "normality" and that we have to accept a degree of risk in our lives!

paul o'

Get this some may know what I now do and last Friday we were told to turn off the App at work as the department can't operate if staff go off ? .
I work in Palliative care adaptions for home end of life . You can guess what our teams reactions were to this request , F***OFF was mine .
My Manager was put out by this when we said ok so we got a wage freeze few years ago, none of us have taken paid furlough or been given it as an option to do so unlike the rest of the departments ? and you wish us to turn off our only warning of infection !! You C***. I' am hoping I get the sack or HR put me on paid leave while they look into my out burst from there Home offices , can't wait for that zoom meeting :evil: