Female hunters on Instagram

Pine Marten

I’m on WhatsApp, so maybe their robots are spying on me to predict what I want to see on Instagram?
When did you join WhatsApp? They were bought by Facebook maybe 2 or 3 years ago. When they first took over, they landed themselves in a lot of trouble with various European Privacy regulators for having as a default setting that you'd share your data with Facebook. Now people like me who wore a tin foil hat immediately unchecked that option, but if you didn't, then you've been sharing some data with Facebook. Now that said, it should just be the metadata, not the actual content. But if you're sharing links for example, that would be enough to know you're into hunting and babes in bikinis.

MAH

Yes some are foreign, but there’s certainly hundreds of British girls on there.
CarlW, according to their website, basically: “Instagram is a thing for sharing pictures and videos with your friends and family”
In reality it is a competition in which you try to capture the most “followers” by posting impressive pictures.
I have not posted anything yet and I don’t have any followers or followings.

I found it very odd when I signed up: the Instagram already had decided what it thought I would be interested in and had prepared lots of pictures of stalking, hunting and fishing and hot babes in bikinis!
How does it know?
Google knows more about you, than you do.... And they share it!

Buckaroo8

When did you join WhatsApp? They were bought by Facebook maybe 2 or 3 years ago. When they first took over, they landed themselves in a lot of trouble with various European Privacy regulators for having as a default setting that you'd share your data with Facebook. Now people like me who wore a tin foil hat immediately unchecked that option, but if you didn't, then you've been sharing some data with Facebook. Now that said, it should just be the metadata, not the actual content. But if you're sharing links for example, that would be enough to know you're into hunting and babes in bikinis.
I’ve had WhatsApp for several years.
I’m not on Facebook at all though.
Weirdly they have got some of their predictions all wrong and they keep showing me pictures of women doing yoga/skiing and the very neatly arranged contents of “survival packs” which invariably include handmade wooden cups/bowls with handles.
In a minute the robots will know what I want for dinner before I do!

Buckaroo8

I’ll get home from work and there’ll be a knock at the door with a Tesco delivery that the robots ordered for my dinner.

CPShines

I’ve had WhatsApp for several years.
I’m not on Facebook at all though.
Weirdly they have got some of their predictions all wrong and they keep showing me pictures of women doing yoga/skiing and the very neatly arranged contents of “survival packs” which invariably include handmade wooden cups/bowls with handles.
In a minute the robots will know what I want for dinner before I do!
Just a theory, but I wonder if some of your WhatsApp contacts are also on Instagram. In which case Instagram may look at the things they like, including yoga, skiing and hunting babes, and is presenting it all to you too. I am taking it as a given that Instagram knows who you are connected to on WhatsApp.

nun_hunter

It's because they generally they want to make themselves "famous"
It's because men will follow a pretty female hunter regardless of what she hunts or her ability or ethics etc where as they will only follow male hunters if they fit their idea of a good hunter. Female hunters will likely be a lot more discerning on who they follow and a man in skimpy shorts and beer gut hanging out isn't going to cut it.

nun_hunter

WhatsApp is end to end encrypted so they can't use it for seeing what you like and talk about. A 100% free communication service without adverts or advertisers using your communications was the reason it was set up. It's why Facebook paid millions to get it but the creator added the end to end encryption before he sold it to protect users. I'm sure in time there will be an update and buried deep in the thousands of pages of T&Cs there will be something to say the new owners can now use your communications to harvest data to better market products to you. For now though you're safe on WhatsApp.

CPShines

WhatsApp is end to end encrypted so they can't use it for seeing what you like and talk about. A 100% free communication service without adverts or advertisers using your communications was the reason it was set up. It's why Facebook paid millions to get it but the creator added the end to end encryption before he sold it to protect users. I'm sure in time there will be an update and buried deep in the thousands of pages of T&Cs there will be something to say the new owners can now use your communications to harvest data to better market products to you. For now though you're safe on WhatsApp.
True, but WhatsApp knows who you are talking to even if they do not know what you are talking about. In which case it might be fairly trivial for Instagram to match up their users to your WhatsApp contacts and infer your likes based on their Instagram profiles.

Buckaroo8

Still doesn’t explain where all these supermodel deerstalkers are hiding though!
I’ve hunted/shot with hundreds of people and so far they’ve all been men.....except for an American girl I took out shooting with me once. I’ve met women who were part of a beating/picking up team but never seen a British girl shoot anything.

hendrix's rifle

Still doesn’t explain where all these supermodel deerstalkers are hiding though!
I’ve hunted/shot with hundreds of people and so far they’ve all been men.....except for an American girl I took out shooting with me once. I’ve met women who were part of a beating/picking up team but never seen a British girl shoot anything.
My Mrs shot a jackdaw a few months ago... lol

kes

I am worrying about being on a couple of fora never mind whatsyourface and backsidebook.

Women particularly and increasingly men, seem less 'gritty'. In the 1940's they did what they did and men did what they did, all understood this and worked around it.
Now everything revolves around money and celebrity - I still enjoy stalking and the fact that there are gorgeous girls with super clothes, hairdos and sunglasses doesn't interest me a bit, a bit like those adverts for female products on at ridiculous frequency with more than elegant detail. A good looking healthy roe of fallow hind is a different issue altogether.
Anyone ever seen an advert for a 'special kind' of truss for male 'problems' - where has reality never mind equality gone?