Feral Goat Shooting in Northern Ireland

oman

Sorry folks if this is in them wrong section? Where do I stand on shooting feral goats? A Farmer friend of mine has asked me to deal with a few feral goats on his land, any problems with me shooting them?

If you have authority to shoot on the land and have a suitable calibre and condition on your certificate such as DSC L1 or for feral goat control you should have no problems min calibre is I believe .243.

You do not need dsc 1 to shoot goat in N Ireland but you need to get a goat condition on your certificate toget the appropriate calibre if you already have L1 you are good to go.

Last edited:
Cheers for the replys folks. I do have the DSC1 but the biggest calibre that I have is a .22-250. Looks like I will possibly check it out with my local firearms officer to see what they recommend.

Does NI not issue AOLQ then?

Ian.

Cheers for the replys folks. I do have the DSC1 but the biggest calibre that I have is a .22-250. Looks like I will possibly check it out with my local firearms officer to see what they recommend.

Any other lawful quarry is not on my certificate sure would make life much easier for us all, you can not go fox shooting with your deer calibre. For example each firearm on your ticket has to be aligned to the appropriate quarry .22lr small vermin 223 for fox though you can still use a 22 for fox, 308 ect for deer and those that have the condition 243 for feral goat DARDNI recommends the 243 as min for goat, yes oman the best thing is to phone the feo and take it from there good luck lad.

Damian.

I recently acquired my 6.5.x 55 for deer shooting in Northern Ireland. I also have this calibre for shooting feral goats, but only because i requested in when the application went in for the 6.5 calibre. If i did not put in on my application, i would have NOT been allowed to shoot goat. If you do not have a Deer stalking certificate and you intend to shoot goat, you will be allowed the calibre to do this, Shoot goat, but you will not be allowed to shoot deer.

Back