• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Ferret book

SimpleSimon

Hi all,
Wonder if anyone has or can recommend a decent book on keeping and working ferrets? I've no experience aside from once tagging along with a bloke for a day, but I'm considering keeping ferrets in the future as I now have more garden space to house them. I know a local lad who has plenty of permission but no time to keep his own ferrets, who will let me work them. Would like to gain a bit more knowledge on keeping and caring for them before deciding to have a go.
Cheers
Simon

VSS

"The Ferret and Ferreting Guide" by Graham Wellstead (ISBN 0-7153-8013-3)

I've got several books on ferreting, but this one is the one I learned most from when I started.

SimpleSimon

Thanks all, should have enough to get me going.
Now I just need to convince the wife/decide how long they can live down the bottom of the garden before she notices ;)

LES-P

You don't need any book just get out there and give it a go you learn by your mistakes, but if you are going with your mate who has the permission he should keep you right