Finding a starting load

Cyres

Agree not done it myself but lots of bench rest competitions have been won using above method. Its all about doing it consistently.

D

Home Loader

fill scoops with gravity fed powder
push base of scoop into a full glass (or other suitable container) of powder
Let the powder run in by itself
use a business/credit etc card to scape the top flat

you will find with practice you can throw charges just as accurately as with a set of scales

0.2gr of powder makes cock all difference in the grand scheme of things!

That just about sums it up!

Sonicdmb73

fill scoops with gravity fed powder
push base of scoop into a full glass (or other suitable container) of powder
Let the powder run in by itself
use a business/credit etc card to scape the top flat

you will find with practice you can throw charges just as accurately as with a set of scales

0.2gr of powder makes cock all difference in the grand scheme of things!
The thing is practice. You need a method to check your technique ie scales.
You’re right about 0.2gn not making much difference (cartridge dependant) certainly when talking hunting ammunition. But I would add when using an appropriate powder.
I have found many loads that are consistent. Usually find two adjacent weights with similar groups. Then split the difference, most of the time it either matches or improves the groups either side. Which in 243 was more than 0.2 off the top of my head was more than double that between the two loads. Giving +/- at least that amount before any significant loss of accuracy.

Woodsmoke

You’re right about 0.2gn not making much difference (cartridge dependant) certainly when talking hunting ammunition. But I would add when using an appropriate powder
I guess a ball powder like H335 would be more accurately-measured than an extruded one such as H4831? :-|