Firearms licensing

MAXLISTER1987

Evening all,
I've recently moved from Derbyshire across to Staffordshire and naturally send my licence off to be changed and it has come back today with all my conditions closed!
Has anyone had any experience of this ?
What are my chances of getting them to open it back up or have I now lost that privilege until I renew in 5years time
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

kes

If you are member of a shooting Organisation, talk to them and see what they advise.
However, I have never known a situation where one force does not respect the conditions of another Licensing authority, so it is likely to be a mistake.
It may be something you know has happened to cause the change but it would have to be substantial and then I would expect a revocation.
On balance therefore, its more than likely to be a mistake.

Oracle

This from the HO Guidance...........

Section 29(1) of the 1968 Act gives the chief officer power to vary, by a notice in writing, any such condition not prescribed by the rules made by the Secretary of State. The notice may require the holder to deliver the certificate to the chief officer within twenty-one days for the purpose of amending the conditions. The certificate may be revoked if the holder fails to comply with such a requirement.

Old melv

Give the feo of Staffordshire a call he is an approachable chap and see what he has to say before you do anything else.

Koenig

It’s usually cock-up as oppose to conspiracy. Give them a call and explain what’s happened and what you want them to do about it before you do anything else.

C h r i s

Give them a call or email, Staffs are great (or I've been lucky the past 25 years) occasionally they do make the odd mistake but are always extremely quick to sort.

cjm1066

You changed address, nothing more than notifying them is required.

As Oracle states if they wanted to change your conditions they have not followed procedure.

Most likely an administrative error.

Eddie P

I've found staffs more conservative than other constabularies.

But they also told me it's not acceptable for one force to change another's conditions.

topscots1

Ask them to list the reason or reasons why they have decided to adjust your conditions

In turn limiting your opportunity to make good use of the firearms licensed to hold.

Involve a shooting organisation for support.

Clarify that as you have not had any issues there is no grounds or justification for a change in conditions.

Some times those working in the office get a little carried away with the power, without any legislation or justification to support the decisions made.

MAXLISTER1987

Ask them to list the reason or reasons why they have decided to adjust your conditions

In turn limiting your opportunity to make good use of the firearms licensed to hold.

Involve a shooting organisation for support.

Clarify that as you have not had any issues there is no grounds or justification for a change in conditions.

Some times those working in the office get a little carried away with the power, without any legislation or justification to support the decisions made.
I'm going to see if I can get hold of someone at basc as well, my membership has just expired with NGO so will sign up with basc and try them

topscots1

I'm going to see if I can get hold of someone at basc as well, my membership has just expired with NGO so will sign up with basc and try them
It’s always worth asking in writing.

Get a reply from firearms licensing with there reasoning in writing.

Phone calls are great but there is no record of the points raised.

Always ask for something in writing if you feel they are in the wrong