Fireball loads

finnbear270

Put the first tentative loads through the new toy yesterday,fairly dissapointing results, using N133, (noted from other posts on the net), primers exhibited skin flowing & cratering, accuracy not even in the right field, Benchmark, little better accuracy,cratering also, will now source a can of Li'L Gun, & go back to the mat!:rolleyes:

If I were you I would stick with the 133 rem 7 1/2 25g vmax combo don't waste you money on lil gun it's way to fast for the furball

Ps if you want help or advise you need to put you full load details up

Cheers Paul

i use the rem 7 and 1/2 primers with h322 powder. and a 20 grain vmax. i would use the 25 vmax if i had a 9 twist though.

i have found superb accuracy and speed with this powder on the lower end of the charge only using 18 grains of h322

If I were you I would stick with the 133 rem 7 1/2 25g vmax combo don't waste you money on lil gun it's way to fast for the furball

Ps if you want help or advise you need to put you full load details up

Cheers Paul
You are obviously unaware of the position of Li'L Gun in relation to the loads posted.

That I am I've not seen or heard of a lil gun load for the fireball and I've been loading for mine for nearly 2 years
I do however use lil gun in my hornet so would be interested in getting your load info if you don't mind

Paul

Approximate relative powders in the burn rate charts....... N133 / H4198 @ numbers 139 &140,.... Li'L Gun / N110 @ numbers 106 & 107 so not so fast as N133, (which I have been using /reloading with for a good few years), I only give details of loads that are safe in my rifles, details of unsafe loads go in the bin, such as the ones tried through the Fireball.

Approximate relative powders in the burn rate charts....... N133 / H4198 @ numbers 139 &140,.... Li'L Gun / N110 @ numbers 106 & 107 so not so fast as N133, (which I have been using /reloading with for a good few years), I only give details of loads that are safe in my rifles, details of unsafe loads go in the bin, such as the ones tried through the Fireball.

Not being funny mate but I would double check your facts as I don't get the same burn rate in my table or on line lilgun is way faster so please re check b4 you load with it

All the best Paul

hi all
i have not seen any data for any powder in the lil gun or 2400 brun range for the .17 fireball, i have loaded for .22 hornet for 6 years, and been loadind for 15 years and some odd balls
and i would not try lil gun in .17 fireball as it to fast, have you asked on saubier.com if any one as tried it they are very helpfull
, to me the case as too larger capacitiy for for powder it this range,
bye luke

hi all
i have not seen any data for any powder in the lil gun or 2400 brun range for the .17 fireball, i have loaded for .22 hornet for 6 years, and been loadind for 15 years and some odd balls
and i would not try lil gun in .17 fireball as it to fast, have you asked on saubier.com if any one as tried it they are very helpfull
, to me the case as too larger capacitiy for for powder it this range,
bye luke

i agree and a nice case fill is always better imo

Back