First blood for a new knife

SGArms

Not one for putting my stalking exploits on here but today I have. Out early this morning on an arable farm to look for ‘visitors’ in the cereals. Saw a few fallow bucks in one field so august 1st cant come soon enough. Strategic high seat going up in the next few days. Saw a roe doe on some headland in exactly the same place as a few days ago. Really stupid those roe deer! Stalked some more and caught sight of a roe buck working the headland. Not a great fan of shooting roe locally but unfortunately it’s zero tolerance on this farm. So as the roe buck made its way up the headland I made my advance along my side of the barley field and stopped 80m short of the corner. After a few minutes he was in the sights and so I dropped him with a neck shot. After putting him on the heck pack tray to take him off for a suspended gralloch as I started to drive off another 6 point lovey looking animal came up the bank. I have a friend who hasn’t shot a many roe so we will be out after him soon. Glad to blood the new knife that arrived Friday from Marc Zabroski. His work is amongst the best I’ve seen so really pleased. 8070E861-E433-4F00-BBB3-BFD8CA1EFD1D.jpeg97556D3F-BADD-4821-B5B5-71A83A70DAF4.jpegC36C7504-7ADC-4BF6-B528-0B1306DDA1C8.jpeg

philip

Nice one Steve, good day all round, the knive is a real beaut, what's the rifle calibre, is that the new Blaser with the integrated moderator

Cheers

Phil

stalker.308

How do you get on with the rear carry cage, looks handy and is it easy to fit on the tow bar
takes seconds to clamp it with a handle. I used one back in the day of a smaller car, as soon as I bought a pickup I do not use it (Its in the classifieds section). Very clever design and very strong.

Looks like a great day out. Curious though, what made you choose that shape for a deer knife. Seems like a lot of people are going that way in recent times. What does it work like. Do you find the handle allows you to use the knife in different grips?

SGArms

My mate designed it with the knife maker. He is a full time guide and grallochs at least a thousand each year so I thought it if works for him it will work for me but mostly because it looks good 🤣