First Roe Buck

Definitely keep posting Alan. Ageing and disease are the two very important subjects that you should have a good knowledge of if you want to consider yourself a competent deer stalker. Ageing is also an important part of DSC2 and the Deer management course for good reason.
Good luck with your future adventures and if you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me.
Thank you

Well, what a nasty little b you are. I do hope I come across you sometime. There are many on here whose opinions I am quite happy to accept after discussion.But you undoubtedly are the most insulting I have come across and beneath contempt. You are too perfect by far. End of.
"Sorry Dexter, I got this badly wrong and should have listened to you" would have sufficed Horseman! You would have left with some respect then! All the same, I wish you good luck in the morning! :tiphat:

Well done you pair of ****s!

Lad shot his first buck and turned his thread into who has last word ....

Who needs f@&king antis when we manage to to fight ourselves.

Finished The Dick swinging contest?
🤔

Well done on your first buck !
Good job on the skull !
You’ll be able to sit with a wine or tipple of choice waaaay down the line and remember that one.

And the stew, steak burger or whatever you do with the meat ... shall be amongst finest you’ll taste...

Here’s to that next one !

Paul

Lad shot his first buck and turned his thread into who has last word ....

Who needs f@&king antis when we manage to to fight ourselves.

Finished The Dick swinging contest?
🤔

Well done on your first buck !
Good job on the skull !
You’ll be able to sit with a wine or tipple of choice waaaay down the line and remember that one.

And the stew, steak burger or whatever you do with the meat ... shall be amongst finest you’ll taste...

Here’s to that next one !

Paul
Many thanks

Paul
Don't **** me Paul. You wouldn't say it to my face so don't say it on here

I have provided information to you all. The other bloke proved that after 60 years he knows nothing but tried to use his experience as a proof of knowledge. It doesn't wash with me I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I’m very sceptical of anyone claiming to age deer so precisely and the reason stems from the fact I’ve seen so many variations of first and second year up to third year heads that going by visual alone is a minefield .The only statement that really fits is young ,mature or old .Here in Wilts we get a few second year bucks that will be six pointers albeit very short and skinny .This is from knowing the deer and watching them grow from year to year not by any guess work or tooth section with occasional tall four points that go on to make decent sixes I’ve found .
Well done on your buck mate but don’t take the word of anyone who thinks they are an internet god of sorts .

Don't **** me Paul. You wouldn't say it to my face so don't say it on here

I have provided information to you all. The other bloke proved that after 60 years he knows nothing but tried to use his experience as a proof of knowledge. It doesn't wash with me I'm afraid.

You don’t know me

I would say it your face.

As for the pair of you with all the comments about violence .... really clever on open forums from FAC holders 🤔

Guy put up about his first beast and .... as usual on SD it turns into a ****ing contest
And who’s the best

& still folk don’t get even though they feel they are right ... instead of just leaving it & moving on ...no ...

Alan.... did you do your first head yourself ?

The mounting is different with the brass etc I like it

Again nice one

You don’t know me

I would say it your face.

As for the pair of you with all the comments about violence .... really clever on open forums from FAC holders 🤔

Guy put up about his first beast and .... as usual on SD it turns into a ****ing contest
And who’s the best

& still folk don’t get even though they feel they are right ... instead of just leaving it & moving on ...no ...

Alan.... did you do your first head yourself ?

The mounting is different with the brass etc I like it

Again nice one
I did do it myself thank you, I have done a couple of Muntjac heads before, to see if I could do it , i’m very much I will try and give it go rather than paying someone else as they must have started somewhere

Only one person made insinuations of violence Sauer, well at least until you came on here giving it the big man when it definitely wasn't required. Now. how about letting this forum discuss deer rather than how hard people are eh?

😂😂😂😂😂
Seriously

You turn stuff around

Go back read your reply
“Don’t **** me you wouldn’t do it to my face”

So what does that imply ? 🤔

And NOW after recking guys thread on his first deer you want to discuss deer ?

Well done

Paul

I should have added previously that young animals are very easy to age. Dentition hasn't had the chance to wear down even in the sandiest soil for a start.
Most stalkers do simply shoot an animal, weigh it and then call it an age based on the weights of previous animals shot on their ground. I have seen it all the time. When asked if they looked at the teeth 95% of them admit that they hadn't.
Sad as it may be but I like to do a little better than that and have therefore built up quite a bit of data on the subject. Sure it's difficult to narrow down ages in middle and old age animals to any better than a year or two even with a jaw board and a collection of boiled out heads of bucks and does, stags and hinds, however, when all the features are put together its possible to be extremely confident within those brackets.
In short, if people care to take more notice and defining features they can look at a deer on the hoof and age it closely. I'm far from the only one who takes such an interest that's for certain. FF clearly does. Whether it matters that much is debatable I agree and maybe I'm just a geek? Who knows?

😂😂😂😂😂
Seriously

You turn stuff around

Go back read your reply
“Don’t **** me you wouldn’t do it to my face”

So what does that imply ? 🤔

And NOW after recking guys thread on his first deer you want to discuss deer ?

Well done

Paul
It implies that he wouldn't do it to my face but would whilst being hidden behind a keyboard. Just like what it says.

As for wrecking a guys post, I don't agree.

1) He has learnt that he's shot a yearling and at most two year old roe buck
2) He's learnt defining features on how to age it
3) He's learnt that experience doesn't necessarily equate to knowledge
4) He's learnt that quiet a few people on this site know very little about deer but and keen to act like they do.
5) He's learnt that certain people on this site like to be heard, act hard and try to bully other site members even if they have nothing useful to say.
:tiphat:

God almighty!! a lad gets his first Roe Buck and all we get is an argument. I really despair sometimes with people.

First of all congratulations on your first Roe buck. Secondly despite the arguments between two grown men over the age of the buck, the only true way of aging is by sectioning the teeth. Thirdly the buck is never going to make anything special and is a good cull buck to take out of the gene pool, so well done you.

Sharpening the axe now for the new year culling spree :oops:

Back