First stalk completed

So this evening i completed my first stalk.
Stalking fallow down in sussex starting off with a small walk being taught where and what to look for followed up by a stint in the high seat.
Luckily the rain stopped and was able to sit and enjoy the cool evening.
Sadly was not able to see any deer, although we could hear them, and one loudly grunted behind us as he caught our scent and buggered off.
Sods law that when i turned my headlights on and went to drive out of the estate once we wrapped up about 15-20 deer were 50 yards ahead of my van!
Overall loved the experience and il be booking again very soon was good to get out in the field rather than watching it behind a screen.
Thanks to sikamalc for organising it and his colleague Reece who took me out.

VSS

You'll be hooked now!
My first stalking experience was courtesy of a generous member of this site, and, like you, I didn't see any deer on that outing, but found a new passion. Enjoy the journey!

You'll be hooked now!
My first stalking experience was courtesy of a generous member of this site, and, like you, I didn't see any deer on that outing, but found a new passion. Enjoy the journey!
Thanks VSS!
Already looking forward to rebooking and also buying a few new bits iv seen are very handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarlW

Thanks VSS!
Already looking forward to rebooking and also buying a few new bits iv seen are very handy!

"...buying a few bits..." is how it starts. Pretty soon, this sport will dominate your every waking moment; it will bleed you of all your disposable income; and it will prevent you from ever going out again without thinking "I really wish I'd brought my rifle".

As VSS says, welcome to the infatuation!

Kind regards,

Carl

bowji john

Good man !

Now you have to decide if you are going to hunt just for the pot and take what you need or for some other reason

Can't help you there - we all make that decision for ourselves

Dave881

Welcome to the addiction, it's something that can very quickly take over and buying a few bits can get out of hand faster than you might think. I am glad you had a great first time out and hope you have many years enjoyment ahead of you.
Dave

Good man !

Now you have to decide if you are going to hunt just for the pot and take what you need or for some other reason

Can't help you there - we all make that decision for ourselves
Look forward to my first deer and experimenting with the different cuts in the kitchen. Il be booked back in in no time hopefully!

Welcome to the addiction, it's something that can very quickly take over and buying a few bits can get out of hand faster than you might think. I am glad you had a great first time out and hope you have many years enjoyment ahead of you.
Dave
Thanks Dave. I can absolutely tell itll take over and il be going on less holidays and be buying more elusive gear once im properly devoted!

Tom270

Rhyce glad you had a good time. It was good to meet you. Won't be long before you have venison in the freezer. Good luck. Tom.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk