Fitting R/H T3 stock to L/H

Malxwal

Looking at fitting a right handed T3 stock to a left handed T3. As far as I can see, this is a straightforward case of making a slot for the bolt. Anybody done this and encountered any issues ?

Wouldn't think that you'd have any issues at all. You going to fill in the redundant bolt slot? I assume it's a wooden stock?

It would be a matter of mirroring the bolt recess and safety catch pocket to the opposite side, you would then need to fill the old pockets in...

Or.. you could get us to make you a lovely new dedicated L/H stock for your Tikka :D

Regarding the redundant bolt slot, no, I wasn't going to bother, would that present any particular issue ?
I will have the option of using either a synthetic or a wooden stock.
As for having you make a nice stock for this Tikka, it's for a pal on a limited budget, hence taking this route. But I have alerted him to your presence and some very nice products with competitive prices.... He has indicated he wishes to acquire a quality dedicated stock when funds permit.

Fair enough, thanks for the recommendation.

I can't see a problem leaving a redundant slot, some might say it risks ingress of dirt etc, but I can't see this being a major issue.

I have a standard TX3 Lite L/Hand synthetic stock that is spare as I replaced it with one from Eigs company. It is brand new.

A deal could be done !!

Cheers

Check that the left hand safety has enough room to travel freely and that the pin holding the bolt release is not crunching into wood or has enough wood under it so it cannot fall out.

edi

Check that the left hand safety has enough room to travel freely and that the pin holding the bolt release is not crunching into wood or has enough wood under it so it cannot fall out.

edi

Cheers Edi,

On another note, thinking still about an E-Lite for a T3 I have acquired. The Berserk is a cheaper option, but although I have GRS laminates, there's something about the Berserk I'm just not feeling.

Cheers Edi,

On another note, thinking still about an E-Lite for a T3 I have acquired. The Berserk is a cheaper option, but although I have GRS laminates, there's something about the Berserk I'm just not feeling.

A good customer urgently needed a stock for his T3 and so my 223 E-Tac stock went away and my foxing rifle is stranded.. I will go for an E-Lite next if we can slip one out of production... Some stocks are a bit too much for our kind of shooting, some shots off-hand, some off a bipod, some off sticks. Mostly need a fast handling stock.

edi

Back