Following on from another rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Gentlemen, I have been messaged by the owners of the Ladies Stalking UK group.
Whilst they are grateful for the support shown by members of this site, it appears that a number of people are now trying to join the Ladies stalking group. It is as the title suggests a group for lady stalkers, not men.
Therefore whilst its good for us all to support our sport and each other, please do not start to join the group, otherwise it takes away the point of it being a group for lady stalkers.

Also my grateful thanks to everyone who has offered a free outing for the lady who was treated unfairly.

DavyG

Gentlemen, I have been messaged by the owners of the Ladies Stalking UK group.
Whilst they are grateful for the support shown by members of this site, it appears that a number of people are now trying to join the Ladies stalking group. It is as the title suggests a group for lady stalkers, not men.
Therefore whilst its good for us all to support our sport and each other, please do not start to join the group, otherwise it takes away the point of it being a group for lady stalkers.

Also my grateful thanks to everyone who has offered a free outing for the lady who was treated unfairly.
There are always those who never miss an opportunity when women are mentioned.
How exactly does one go about joining…?
Ps. Asking for a friend 😇
Regards,
DG

Stalker1962

... it appears that a number of people are now trying to join the Ladies stalking group. It is as the title suggests a group for lady stalkers, not men.
I have absolutely no wish to de-rail this (or the associated thread) which deals with issues of integrity and fairness.

Whenever, I see any 'faction' or 'breakaway' group, I am always left a little bit saddened.

I look forward to the day when it is just "Stalkers" (insert any profession/sport/pastime/hobby).

jall55

I have absolutely no wish to de-rail this (or the associated thread) which deals with issues of integrity and fairness.

Whenever, I see any 'faction' or 'breakaway' group, I am always left a little bit saddened.

I look forward to the day when it is just "Stalkers" (insert any profession/sport/pastime/hobby).
Totally agree
Imagine if we set up a group for middle aged white men lol !!

Stalker1962

Imagine if we set up a group for middle aged white men lol.

My disquiet comes from my old game.

Forgive the re-post but it may give some context for my rational.

I worked with a black Detective and he said he had been approached to join the Black Police Association (BPA) and had declined. When I asked him why, he said that 'back in the day' when there were very few black (BAME) officers he could see the benefit of having an "association" for support. His view now was that the numbers were much more "balanced" and he felt there was no longer a need for it.

In relation to your comment about a "White" Police Officers Association - out of mischief I once asked what would happen if I wanted to start one (I am as it happens, white, heterosexual male). I was told it would be considered "inappropriate". I hope the day is not too far off, that officers no longer feel the need for any "association" for support.

Incidentally, amongst the plethora of other "associations" that appeared was the "Italian Police Officers Association". One of the office was a member. Perplexed I asked him what it was for.

"We meet once a month for pizza and wine". Now that's more like it...

NullMac

I can identify as whatever I want nowadays….😒
Quite right tooo. Scottish midwives are now taught how to catheterise men as it is a commonly required technique during childbirth. FFS. And if you don't agree that men can give birth there is a Scottish Government Minister who will call you a racist and an anti-semite.

However, I agree that we should leave them alone to enjoy themselves without mansplaining anything, or indeed any of this p*sh.

gixer1

Quite right tooo. Scottish midwives are now taught how to catheterise men as it is a commonly required technique during childbirth. FFS. And if you don't agree that men can give birth there is a Scottish Government Minister who will call you a racist and an anti-semite.

However, I agree that we should leave them alone to enjoy themselves without mansplaining anything, or indeed any of this p*sh.
I admire their drive to get a female stalking page - and it does make me wonder if it’s the way we as men behave that puts them off coming on here however as S62 says it’s a shame there is a need for these different groups.

As for the Scottish government minister…they are clearly a confused soul! That’s all I’ll say on that!

LuckyEddie

The way I see it, it’s a two way thing.
If they want access to Men Only clubs (i.e. golfing, scouts or whatever) then they shouldn’t want a “Ladies Only“ set up.
After having been verbally abused by a “lady“ I was trying to help by getting an item from a high shelf in a supermarket and well before that, holding open a door for another and being tersely informed “I can manage thank you”.
I detest people who demand something.
Myself, I don’t demand anything; I want equality and respect, not for myself but everyone.

Stalker1962

After having been verbally abused by a “lady“ I was trying to help by getting an item from a high shelf in a supermarket and well before that, holding open a door for another and being tersely informed “I can manage thank you”.
Have had that:-

"You don't have to hold the door open because I am a woman, you know".

"Actually, I held it open because I am a gentleman, and I thought you were a lady - my mistake".

NigelM

I made the fatal mistake one day on a busy commuter train of offering the pregnant lady my seat. Thought it was the right thing to do.

Unfortunately it turned out she wasn't pregnant and the tirade of abuse that followed prompted me to change carriages at the next stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.