For All - Please read

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Dear all it has been bought to our attention, numerous times since yesterday that members are displaying either as avatars or in their signature lines, advertising. Whether it is for optics, firearms or whatever unless they have trade membership it has to stop. If you could please attend to this where relevant it would save admin a great deal of time and effort.

John

Does this also apply to showing membership to shooting organisations such as BASC or SACS please?
(If so I will modify mine)

BASC is a trade member other than that I think the complaints will keep coming unless or until all non trade member advertising is removed.

Thanks for your help.

John

Cheeky question:

Will Malc be removing the "Zeiss Pro Stalker" line from his signature?

Scrummy

John

may I ask if this effects my LUPUS link for my daughters charity donations, if so I will remove the link etc,

regards

bob,

I can fully see where the site owners are coming from on this one this site will cost them time and money to run and if they can make a couple of quid or even a million quid out of it for themselves I take my hat off to them and wish them well but for folk sake why do grown adults go and run and tell tales on people putting up links to what ever thats admins job to sort out i think some people really need to stand back and take a good hard look at what they are doing at times all this cry baby bull about the nasty man told me i couldnt advertise on his web site is total tosh you wouldnt go and stick a poster up in your local gun shop advertising your services without asking for permision so why would you think its ok on here and if this offends anyone have a reach down into your pants right now and see if you can find your balls

I just might, and I emphasise might, have a sneaky feeling that the site owner might be able to put up exactly what he wants! :stir:

David.

Well the defining word is 'owner'. As a site owner, I'd say that they are pretty much at liberty to stick up what they want. They can make rules up as they see fit too. If they say no-one else can have a certain logo except them, that's their prerogative. If they want to advertise a business on their 'own' site, the one they monitor, maintain, design etc what **** thinks they should also pay for that privilege?

This whole thing has been borne out of a member disagreeing with something that apparently one of the 'owners' did. So!!!! IT'S THEIR SITE! It isn't a co-operative, a committee (thank god!), a gang, club or charity. It isn't even a democracy!

To be honest I don't know why the owners have wasted any more of their time over this. It's dead simple, if as a member you don't like something about the way the site is run, then p*ss off and start your own one with your own rules!!!!

Well the defining word is 'owner'. As a site owner, I'd say that they are pretty much at liberty to stick up what they want. They can make rules up as they see fit too. If they say no-one else can have a certain logo except them, that's their prerogative. If they want to advertise a business on their 'own' site, the one they monitor, maintain, design etc what **** thinks they should also pay for that privilege?

This whole thing has been borne out of a member disagreeing with something that apparently one of the 'owners' did. So!!!! IT'S THEIR SITE! It isn't a co-operative, a committee (thank god!), a gang, club or charity. It isn't even a democracy!

To be honest I don't know why the owners have wasted any more of their time over this. It's dead simple, if as a member you don't like something about the way the site is run, then p*ss off and start your own one with your own rules!!!!

The most sensible post on the subject.:thumb:

Back