For the hell of it . . .

Woodsmoke

Been seeing a decent buck browse this field edge at odd times all week, so decided to stalk into the area and see if he makes another appearance. Not a bad afternoon for it, it has to be said!

20210618_172752.jpg

User00025

He sure did, thanks. Had to wait for a shot as the barley is getting up there, but managed a high shoulder shot at about 140 yards that dropped him on the spot.

View attachment 210679

Incidentally, I've heard it's the sign of a true expert to soak your own gear by accidentally throwing a p*ss-filled bladder at it. Not saying I've actually done this or anything . . .
Well done, weather still looks good there. Don't wear your gear in the rut, wash it all first😂

Mungo

He sure did, thanks. Had to wait for a shot as the barley is getting up there, but managed a high shoulder shot at about 140 yards that dropped him on the spot.

View attachment 210679

Incidentally, I've heard it's the sign of a true expert to soak your own gear by accidentally throwing a p*ss-filled bladder at it. Not saying I've actually done this or anything . . .
Now what a REAL expert would do would be to drag the (previously clean) carcass right through the open rumen, smearing green over absolutely everything.

sh1kar

View attachment 210679

Is that to wash the blood off your rifle?

S