form custom stock

Jeffo

Don't know if I have posted this in the right place, I am thinking of changing my tikka T3 lite stock to one from here form custom stock
What I want to know will it affect the accuracy as it is very good now thanks in advance

Rob1562

I changed my Mcmillan A5 stock to one from Form Riflestocks, which after bedding is just as accurate as it was before (it was accurate prior to new stock).
I would suggest providing the new stock fits/suits you and is well bedded, then you should suffer no loss of accuracy......mine however is just as accurate as before but is now lighter and much more comfortable........had good service from Form as well.
Regards, Rob.

Tom D

I got a form for my 7-08, I really like it, I haven't bedded it, its just as accurate as it was before, which is pretty good. I did have to do a tiny bit of sanding at the knox end of the barrel channel just to get it properly floated. I'd highly recommend them.

Jeffo

What's the best way to bed a stock as just bought a form custom stock as never done it before

Sonicdmb73

What's the best way to bed a stock as just bought a form custom stock as never done it before
Probably get a ‘smith to do it.
I have done my own rifles but it is not a job to be taken lightly.
My latest rifle is in a stock damaged by someone getting the bedding job wrong and gluing it in.
If you’re set on doing it yourself. Make damn sure you don’t miss with the release agent or leave any parts on which will get stuck.

Jeffo

Can anyone tell me if a Tikka T3x stock will fit a Tikka T3 lite as the one I am thinking of buying is second hand and is on a Tikka T3x both. 243

ogpete

I just finished building a "heavy .270" that sits in a Form Crusader III stock for a client in Argyll.
The action I used was an accurized Sako 85 M which I mated to a heavy Bartlein 5R #4 Bull Sporter, 26" barrel chambered with a BBT reamer.
An NXS 5.5-22 x 56 in a Tier One Unimount mated to the action with a Contessa Picatinny rail sit on top
Under the forend, an Atlas Bipod mounts to a BT rail which is inlet into the stock by 1/8" for extra strength.
The forend rail has a built-in heavy-duty Flush-cup Sling Swivel Socket to safely lug the rifle up the hills round here on a Niggeloh Titan II sling
A long tube Predator 12 mod finishes things off.

This big heavy rig sits very comfortably in the Form stock without additional bedding and it shot an easy .3MOA with factory ammo during initial set-up.

The Guys at Form Rifle Stocks do seem top know their stuff; so it's a +1 on Rob & Tom's recommendations from me.

Cheers,

Pete

mathieson

ca recommend the guys from form stocks great guys to deal with got a form thumbhole stock on my rem 25-06 exellent quality did not need bedding accuracy actually improved after junking the flimsy synthetic stock the rifle came with

Guesty

Have you looked at KKC stocks? I've one for my Tikka 595 having first looked at GRS and Form.
I have a new unused KKC for Tikka T3 if anyone’s interested? I had titanium pillars made for it too, but changed rifles so never got around to using it.

ogpete

What's yours?

Regarding the one in the photos above - you can't realy argue with a heavy profile Bartlein barrel well fitted to a nicely trued-up action - if it doesn't shoot well then you are likely having an off-day.
This one does shoot exceptionally well for a .270 Win using factory ammo, producing overlapping groups at 100 without too much effort from the shooter
It's probable that the combination of components just hit the sweet spot and I think the Form stock does play a significant role too.
I already have enquiries to build more like it - they will likely have Form stocks too...
Pete