Forrest foam bore cleaner

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Someone at the range was recommending Wipe Out too. Is it available to buy online anywhere?

cheers,

Alex

griff

Sorry guys, not anymore am I the importer, I sold the business to John Carmichael @ HPS rifles in Glos..
I'm sure he will supply your needs if need be..

regards
griff

ezzy6.5

I bought a tin of Wipe out on Tuesday. I decided to give it a test. On the tin it says to try it on a clean rifle to see how much copper is still in it.
I cleaned the 6.5 with Butches bore shine until the Patches came out clean, i followed the instructions on the wipe out tin and left it for an hour.
The first couple of patches were slightly blue, indicating some copper remaining.
Next i sprayed the .17 with it and left it an hour, patched it out then tried a wet patch with BBS. no more copper was removed.
i did the 223 as well but this time i cut the finger out of a rubber glove and secured it over the crown with a rubber band to stop the foam squirting across the room. a couple of dry patches and they were coming out clean, so I re filled it with foam and left it an hour again. when i patched it the patch was clean straight off.

Personally I thought the wipeout was very good. reducing the amount of passes with the rod will obviously reduce any wear to the crown caused by excessive cleaning.
I will stick with it for now.

Ezzy