Found a roe head

crookie66

As the title, a friend has found a roe head, I would guess its been dead about a month, and well eaten out by maggots but has a small amount of skin left on it mainly around the nose.
i have done plenty of heads over the years but not one in this state, what is the best course of action ?

crookie66

If possible I would like to sort it so I can give him back a nice clean head on a shield , do I boil it and peroxide like normal ?

jubnut

If possible I would like to sort it so I can give him back a nice clean head on a shield , do I boil it and peroxide like normal ?

yeah but it will stink and you might find it comes out kind of brown in colour. If that happens you will need to repeat the peroxide process until it comes white - may take two or three good soakings but it will come right in the end.

.25-06

You've had better luck than me if not boiled out fresh I've never got the bright white finish back

yeah but it will stink and you might find it comes out kind of brown in colour. If that happens you will need to repeat the peroxide process until it comes white - may take two or three good soakings but it will come right in the end.

lochty

+1 for this, better if you can get hold of some of the stronger peroxide, the 30% stuff