Fox 6.5 Creedmoor

hoodwink

Fox in 6.5 Creedmoor. I tried the 100 grain shoots good groups i have yet to try 123 grain. could anybody enlighten me with the load info on factory rounds.
I also tried the 130 and 150 in 308 both good accurate rounds, after having trouble with the Barnes TTSX getting random shots considerably off in 308 i am very pleased with Fox bullets.

baguio

Fox in 6.5 Creedmoor. I tried the 100 grain shoots good groups i have yet to try 123 grain. could anybody enlighten me with the load info on factory rounds.
I also tried the 130 and 150 in 308 both good accurate rounds, after having trouble with the Barnes TTSX getting random shots considerably off in 308 i am very pleased with Fox bullets.
Shot any deer with them?
I'm sure that Ed will have the load data.

arron

I have been using 123g fox in 6.5 CM with 39g vhit150 , nice groups, nothing to dislike with the deer shot so far , probably not the powder of choice, but it's the one that has grouped best and consistent in mine ??

hoodwink

No, I haven’t shot any deer with non toxic, the first issue is to get something accurate i had a bit of a false start last year with Barnes i thought was ok but continued to have accuracy issues so i didnt use these. ( i put this down to very dirty powder) I continued with lead. I now have something in 243 6.55 and 308 that i would be confident with accuracy. 6.5 and 308 factory loaded and 243 home load Peregrine. It’s a quiet time for me as far as Deer goes, so good time to play.

baguio

No, I haven’t shot any deer with non toxic, the first issue is to get something accurate i had a bit of a false start last year with Barnes i thought was ok but continued to have accuracy issues so i didnt use these. ( i put this down to very dirty powder) I continued with lead. I now have something in 243 6.55 and 308 that i would be confident with accuracy. 6.5 and 308 factory loaded and 243 home load Peregrine. It’s a quiet time for me as far as Deer goes, so good time to play.
Same here. Ready to go now with LRX and Nielson in 6.5 but quiet on the deer front.

hoodwink

Same here. Ready to go now with LRX and Nielson in 6.5 but quiet on the deer front.
I’m generally going light for caliber on the assumption that Velocity will make up for any shortcomings with non toxic over lead.
My favourite load was 308 Partition with H 4895 so not a cheap round so been an a little journey for a while since the ban on 4895, still have some though!