Fox amo

Andy-shooter

As above.

I reload the Fox 130gn in 308 and they are extremely accurate and have very very good terminal ballistics too.

PKL

Ed from Edinburgh rifles gave me a
Bunch to try out for free as he’s a nice chap

They shot very very well with good expansion on deer; accurate and with reliable penetration and expansion.

I’m a nosler partition whore so ended up sticking with the old faithful,
But the Fox is as good as any premium bullet, eco friendly and available by post in the uk!

MACKY

Has any one tried the 50gr .224 bullets in a .222 ?

I've been thinking of giving them a try just wondering if any one has tried them out.

John

Cawdor118

I had some 130gn and 150gn in .308 - neither shot as well as Federal Power Shok, and they were a little ricochet happy on to range. Not knocking them at all, I was genuinely disappointed as I wanted to go fully copper.

stevenedwards

I had some 130gn and 150gn in .308 - neither shot as well as Federal Power Shok, and they were a little ricochet happy on to range. Not knocking them at all, I was genuinely disappointed as I wanted to go fully copper.
What twist rate does your barrel have ?
I have the same results with all the copper rounds Ive put through my sweed so far. It seems it is the twist in my rifle that is not helping.

Edinburgh Rifles

Anything will ricochet
The NRA tested monolithics and steel jacketed DG extensively with witness boards concluding that there was no significant increase in ricochet risk

I too have heard ricochets
But it has been almost exclusively from unseen rocks in the back stop material

We have some interesting developments in semi frangible non lead bullets which allow the best of both worlds

Cawdor118

Anything will ricochet
The NRA tested monolithics and steel jacketed DG extensively with witness boards concluding that there was no significant increase in ricochet risk

We have some interesting developments in semi frangible non lead bullets which allow the best of both worlds
Absolutely, and I do suspect it was the harder back drop. However, of the hundreds of lead bullets I have put it's way I have never heard a ricochet. Of the 7 copper, I believe i heard 6 ricochet. Not entirely surprising I don't suspect.

kennyc

Anything will ricochet

the UK NRA ? I thought monolithic bullets were banned at Bisley due to the potential ricochet hazard ?