Fox Classic Hunter

Happy stalker

Been messing about with these heads 130gn in my 308 this is the result after a bit of tweaking very happy with the accuracy now just to try them out in the field

Attachments

• 3F3C5DC4-0AC0-43B9-8D81-5972B427014C.jpeg
    3F3C5DC4-0AC0-43B9-8D81-5972B427014C.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 72

User00026

Flipping heck, that’s a group! Well done!

only hear good things about their performance.

Ed @ Edinburgh Rifles has hit the sweet spot with bringing these to market.

I suspect they could end up the dominant non-lead brand long term in the UK

Heym SR20

I don't think its any accident that monolithic bullets tend to show very good accuracy. Traditional cup and core bullets are made by brute force using big stamping mills to turn a copper disk into a cup which is then swaged around a lead core. You are relying on two different component parts, multiple processes and multiple dies, any of which can still be within tolerance, but at opposite ends of the tolerances. The more processes you have, the more room for error, and if you take any box of bullets and weigh and measure them individually you will find quite a bit of variation. Better quality bullets less so, but cheaper ones more so.

With a monolithic bullet there is just one process. You taking a rod of copper allow and spinning this within a CNC lathe which then cuts it to profile. And the whole process ensures a naturally concentric bullet that is the correct profile and length. This concentricity ensures a naturally stable spinning bullet leading to very good accuracy. And they seem to be very tolerant of powder charges etc. Provided you have a bullet that works with the twist rate of your rifle then they give good accuracy. We need to relearn that they key measurement is bullet length and profile rather than weight when determining which bullet to use. So for example the 7x57 works well with up 173gn conventional bullets, with a monolithic style choose a bullet that is shorter than the conventional 173gn bullets.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Flipping heck, that’s a group! Well done!

only hear good things about their performance.

Ed @ Edinburgh Rifles has hit the sweet spot with bringing these to market.

I suspect they could end up the dominant non-lead brand long term in the UK
If they do become prominent in the U.K. market Ed @ Edinburgh Rifles just wants to hope that one of the big players (e.g. Edgar Brothers or GMK) don't do their usual trick and bully their way in taking away the distribution rights which has happened so many times in the past.

User00026

If they do become prominent in the U.K. market Ed @ Edinburgh Rifles just wants to hope that one of the big players (e.g. Edgar Brothers or GMK) don't do their usual trick and bully their way in taking away the distribution rights which has happened so many times in the past.
They will unless there’s a contract, big money talks

BEAR1

I am still trying to tighten my group up with 150gn, they are too bad but would like to get them a bit tighter if possible.How much of a jump did you give it?

TARGET LOADS FOX 150gn 42.5gn N140   16-6-2021.jpg TARGET LOADS FOX 150gn 45gn N140   16-6-2021.jpg

User00026

Why do you think that? There's lots of competition and more on the way. Just interested, that's all.
Market awareness and usage propensity, simple as that.
What will define the future of Fox is whether they quickly tie up supply contracts with major suppliers of non-lead alternatives to the likes of Norma. If they do, they will have a lifetime brand..if they do not, they will likely remain a parts supplier.

Last edited:

caberslash

Market awareness and usage propensity, simple as that.
What will define the future of Fox is whether they quickly tie up supply contracts with major suppliers of non-lead alternatives to the likes of Norma. If they do, they will have a lifetime brand..if they do not, they will likely remain a parts supplier.

Norma already have their own, much more expensive, Ecostrike line.

WSSX

Been messing about with these heads 130gn in my 308 this is the result after a bit of tweaking very happy with the accuracy now just to try them out in the field
Looks very nice, what are the details - brass, powder, COAL etc? Would be interested to hear as I need to get back to playing with the same bullet. That's if it ever stops raining 🙄

Happy stalker

Looks very nice, what are the details - brass, powder, COAL etc? Would be interested to hear as I need to get back to playing with the same bullet. That's if it ever stops raining 🙄
Federal Brass, CCI large Rifle, N130 obviously you will need to work up your own load

WSSX

Thank you very much, sir. I have N130 as well as N135 (which I think is in the factory offering) in stock, so that's some options to play with. Did you load to factory length?