Fox or Wolves 😂

foxyshane

It just struck me as a bit odd how tidy the area was, no hair or any else in or around the area and the two back legs completely gone. I’m not suggesting anything supernatural just seemed extreme in the time scale.

Foxyboy43

Shot this stag on Monday eve just before dark and after a long search couldn’t find him, the dog had tracked him right up to a very swollen river so had resigned myself to a frustrating loss. Wanting to make sure we both returned the next day and were able to cross the river where we found him around 100 metres from the bank, I was amazed at the state he was in after less than 24 hrs, find it hard to imagine this was me fox alone. 🤔
Have you checked the area for signs of anyone from Strabane, hey?
🐺🐺

TH4

It's a funny thing, but whereas sheep will lose their eyes almost immediately (before death, more often than not), deer take a bit longer and cattle even longer still.
I shot a fallow out on some rape a few weeks ago only 200yds from the car. By the time I got to the car and drove back to the deer both eyes were gone and ravens all over.

uptonogood

If fox , the area would be stinking ,no mistake .Badgers tend to go for soft organs and pull the guts out .Birds of prey and crows tend to crap on the carcass .Not much evidence of anything there but sure of I’d of found it if first on the scene .
Love tracking anything .
Massive amount of hair unaccounted for on that beast .

Basil H

A recent post I saw suggests that spotted hyenas co-existed with reindeer in West Kerry in the past. I don't supposed there is a relic population hanging on somewhere ?

Awest

Animal scavengers as agents of decomposition: the postmortem succession of Louisiana wildlife

Link attached to an interesting article above for those of you with the patience to plod through it. Highlights include, avian whole carcass (pig) strip within 24 hours. Obviously this is different habitat and predators but ecology does tend to follow the same patterns no matter where you are. I have seen carcasses completely stripped within 24 hours, deer, sheep and once nearly a whole Holstein milker.

Foxyboy43

Well then, it must have been a grizzly. Nothing else could have eaten that much.
How is the re wilding going in Co Derry?
Well then, it must have been a grizzly. Nothing else could have eaten that much.
How is the re wilding going in Co Derry?
Going really good - Great Irish Elk is next on the list apparently…..
🦊🦊