Fox Stalking

unicorn71

Evening All, so for the past couple of months the foxes on my permissions have been very scarce at night so a change in tactics was well overdue .Yesterday afternoon found me stalking all the likely spots with Freya and at around 7pm she came on point , after loads of scanning a fox was spotted in the distance and after a very long stalk/crawl I managed to get within 200 yards without being spotted and dropped it.After the dog had a good fuss for behaving we went to look at another spot and found a vixen well within range but I held fire as she was calling to her cubs which were outside of my permission -there will be another day.

Attachments

unicorn71

Another tonight , this one a was a much longer shot as I was having to contend with the wife's hairy psychopath of a dog getting too excited and wanting to eat the fox before the bullet reached it , tbh it was a bit of a toss up which one to shoot :D

Tea tree

I find I need to be in the right place at the right time, usually after couple nights watching, tried to call but not easy. So mine always close in.

What Fox rifle do you use or recommend

Cheers

unicorn71

I find I need to be in the right place at the right time, usually after couple nights watching, tried to call but not easy. So mine always close in.

What Fox rifle do you use or recommend

Cheers
To be honest I used to have a cabinet full of rifles but now just have my Blaser in .308 which I use for everything.