Frankford Arsenal Rotary Tumbler Lite Problem

Stephen3006

Anybody have any problems with their tumbler not 'tumbling' properly? I have tried mine with all different amounts of brass, pins and water but it never seems to get the tumbling action going properly, the brass and pins just sit at the bottom of the container as it goes round instead of up the sides and falling again! Hope you are able to understand what I mean! Thanks

It's called gravity :)

Brass cases and steel pins are heavy, I have the larger version and it works the same way.

The cases and pins sit in the bottom of the drum, the rotation only lifts them slightly and this agitates them against each other.

It's called gravity :)

Brass cases and steel pins are heavy, I have the larger version and it works the same way.

The cases and pins sit in the bottom of the drum, the rotation only lifts them slightly and this agitates them against each other.
I understand how it all works but there's next to no agitation happening, have watched videos on other tumblers including the large frankford arsenal one and its a noticeable tumbling action, I'm getting nothing 🙄

Remember reading on the US forums that they have to be petty full 300 + rifle cases & pins, completly filled with water to get any tumbling action at all. I got a " rebel" which has a very good action from spud.

Might have to give one of those a go, cheers
Remember reading on the US forums that they have to be petty full 300 + rifle cases & pins, completly filled with water to get any tumbling action at all. I got a " rebel" which has a very good action from spud.

I have the same tumbler and see the same sort of motion with the brass and pins - but the cases come out shiny clean - inside, outside and in the primer pockets.
As long as there is relative movement between the brass and the pins, the brass will be cleaned - it doesn't have to be spinning round like washing machine.
having said that, I did initially have problems with the driving wheel slipping against the drum and consequently the drum not rotating consistently.
Some Gorrilla tape on the drive wheel and around the drum sorted that out

Cheers

Bruce

"Old thread! Rise again and be discussed! Rise!"

Anyhoo, I've got a Frankford tumbler (walnut media type) and instead of the 'brrrrrrrrrrrrrr' noise it makes when it's tumbling, it's now a 'hum' and no tumble.
Apart from "it's knackered", what's my problem? Any clues? Started fine today, and then just stopped the 'brrrrrrrrrrr'.
Ta

I find that if the drum is around 80% full it will tumble just fine. Anything less than 50% and it tends to 'slosh' the cases, but they still come out clean and bright.

Jamsie

Back