Free cash!!!

Who comes up with this sh*t? I mean, honestly, who is the idiot responsible for this complete bilge, and how the hell do they think anyone in their right mind is going to take it seriously? :eek:

Who comes up with this sh*t? I mean, honestly, who is the idiot responsible for this complete bilge, and how the hell do they think anyone in their right mind is going to take it seriously?

Probably, and which must have been true as I saw it painted on the side of a bus, the same lad that said we'd be getting 350 Million a week extra for the NHS if we voted Brexit. And then on another issue after promising to oppose an extra runway at Heathrow Airport, nay to lie down in front of the bulldozers even, then absented himself for the relevant House of Commons vote!

Same BS I've just seen on an advertisement on television that says we could save enough energy to power every home in Cardiff if we all got a Smart Meter. Yeah, right! More like we could all end up being charged premium prices at peak times as the energy companies will actually be wanting to bring in if we are stupid enough to believe such twaddle from the energy giants.

Anyway I'm off out. A friend says that he's a cousin who has a friend who says that there's a two headed chick, lamb, calf (insert as required) been born in the next parish and I'm off to see if I can find for myself... But there's none more willing to believe tommyrot they've just been told than those in the audience that hope it might be true. No matter how daft the nonsense of it.

Last edited:
But they would do it, they just borrow the money to last 5 years then bail out at the next election and leave others to sort it. Labour voters would simply blame the tories for hardship when the time came to rectify the problem ,and Labour would crow about how they gave everyone a living wage.

This could actually work out well for someone like me. If I were to decide to give up work currently, I would be 'means tested' and not receive a penny due to my military pension and current workplace pension. However, under Jezza I could probably retire 5 years earlier, keep all my pensions and lump sums and still get about 6k per annum on top. Winner! I'm voting Labour!:D
What they should maybe consider though, is that they have then just lost another productive member of society that then has to be paid for by the remaining and diminishing amount of productive members of society!! What a great idea?
It's getting to the point where there is no point working or owning anything these days as you will be means tested and taxed to the grave when you will have nothing left anyway.
MS

It's getting to the point where there is no point working or owning anything these days as you will be means tested and taxed to the grave when you will have nothing left anyway.

Been there already! Gordon Brown already did that when he stole everybody's old age in 1997 when he was Chancellor and raided mine and everybody's pension pots. So like you MS I don't have any issues with it...I see it as getting back the money that I paid in that Labour then stole from me twenty years ago.

My late father under Labour's Denis Healey was taxed at 19s 6d in the Pound. For the post-Decimal people that's 97.5p tax on every £1.00 earned. The old man used to take me to the Dole Office in his car when as soon as I came down from University each with the words "I've paid enough in. Now you can can go and get the Dividend out..". LOL!

Last edited:
You didn't have to be Mick Jagger to get seriously squeezed by Denis Healy, and Roy Jenkins, for tax when Labour was in power in the 1970s. Everybody shared in the misery. Even basic rate tax...before any NI deductions was the infamous "thirty three and a third" due in tax on every Pound.

Last edited:
Probably, and which must have been true as I saw it painted on the side of a bus, the same lad that said we'd be getting 350 Million a week extra for the NHS if we voted Brexit. And then on another issue after promising to oppose an extra runway at Heathrow Airport, nay to lie down in front of the bulldozers even, then absented himself for the relevant House of Commons vote!

Same BS I've just seen on an advertisement on television that says we could save enough energy to power every home in Cardiff if we all got a Smart Meter. Yeah, right! More like we could all end up being charged premium prices at peak times as the energy companies will actually be wanting to bring in if we are stupid enough to believe such twaddle from the energy giants.

Anyway I'm off out. A friend says that he's a cousin who has a friend who says that there's a two headed chick, lamb, calf (insert as required) been born in the next parish and I'm off to see if I can find for myself... But there's none more willing to believe tommyrot they've just been told than those in the audience that hope it might be true. No matter how daft the nonsense of it.

We did vote for Brexit and since then the NHS has got more than £350m /week assigned to it. So...er.....

You didn't have to be Mick Jagger to get seriously squeezed by Denis Healy, and Roy Jenkins, for tax when Labour was in power in the 1970s. Everybody shared in the misery. Even basic rate tax...before any NI deductions was the infamous "thirty three and a third" due in tax on every Pound.

I was working in 1970 [just] I wasn't paying 19/6 in the pound.

You'd have been paying 6s 8d in the Pound I'd guess plus National Insurance on top? I can remember that it effectively almost nearly made overtime not worthwhile as I think the NI suddenly jumped up after a certain amount? It's a long time ago but at least it's a reminder of what Labour's taxes were like. Mind Ted Heath never did much to reduce the burden either.

You'd have been paying 6s 8d in the Pound I'd guess plus National Insurance on top? I can remember that it effectively almost nearly made overtime not worthwhile as I think the NI suddenly jumped up after a certain amount? It's a long time ago but at least it's a reminder of what Labour's taxes were like. Mind Ted Heath never did much to reduce the burden either.

that sounds more like it, It was a bit of a shock as I had left the east end of london where I had been getting around £22-25 a week and a bit of overtime, the first job in norfolk was £7 a week, I believe it's where I left it,,, up the bosses ass.;) on the upside the fishing and shooting was more plentiful.:cool:

Does it really make any difference who is in power at Westminster. Does it F !!
It is all a big club and any new MP is spoken to when he joins by a special little man and told what is permissible or not. Kick over the traces and you are visited by the same little man and some friends and told to pack it in or you will be replaced.
You must also be able to jump up and down quickly, shout and denigrate the opposition every day, before you have a drink and lunch with them. Oh and the only thing you need the peasants for is to put you back there next time. You need to be greedy and work everything just within the law, it doesn't really matter if you break it by fiddling because it's easy to get away with it, the pension is also extremely good.
Personally at my tender age I would welcome a Labour Government as I would be much better off and may not have five years left. The only downside is that a Terrorist loving T..t is in charge and he would have to be dead before I could vote Labour. :coat:

It is all a big club and any new MP is spoken to when he joins by a special little man and told what is permissible or not. Kick over the traces and you are visited by the same little man and some friends and told to pack it in or you will be replaced.
You must also be able to jump up and down quickly, shout and denigrate the opposition every day, before you have a drink and lunch with them. Oh and the only thing you need the peasants for is to put you back there next time. You need to be greedy and work everything just within the law, it doesn't really matter if you break it by fiddling because it's easy to get away with it, the pension is also extremely good.
Personally at my tender age I would welcome a Labour Government as I would be much better off and may not have five years left. The only downside is that a Terrorist loving T..t is in charge and he would have to be dead before I could vote Labour. :coat:

A fair, if depressing, summary. I often wonder if 45's success was in part due to voter fatigue with professional politicians who, as you succinctly describe, are more or less the same animal whatever the colour of their tie.

Sounds about right.

"That nail has to be pretty much banged home now 'cos once more you've hit it fair and square" :thumb:

If I could be permitted to add, you forgot to mention the lying and misinformation when trying to get voted in, so of course we would never get the cash promised but of course it's a great way to "buy" a few votes.

interesting times ahead, excrement and rotors comes to mind.;)

Back