Available: Free Stalking for Police officer

VSS

I'd like to nominate Richard Smith at North Wales Police for this opportunity. A fairly young chap, he was an FEO before moving on to another role within the force. He dealt with Mouse's FAC application, which was submitted prior to her 14th birthday, and he handled it brilliantly, ensuring that she got her ticket almost as soon as she turned 14. He also arranged a section 7 permit for her at short notice to allow her to do her DSC1 shooting test, as she was too young to use the estate rifle and didn't have her own deer legal calibre. Excellent service. He's not a shooter, but had hoped to do the DSC1 course himself in order to gain a better insight into the requirements of firearms owners. Unfortunately his superiors decided against sending him on the course.
He would be a worthy recipient of this offer, in my opinion.

Last edited:

scotch_egg

I'd like to nominate Richard Smith at North Wales Police for this opportunity. A fairly young chap, he was an FEO before moving on to another role within the force. He dealt with Mouse's FAC application, which was submitted prior to her 14th birthday, and he handled it brilliantly, ensuring that she got her ticket almost as soon as she turned 14. He also arranged a section 7 permit for her at short notice to allow her to do her DSC1 shooting test, as she was too young to use the estate rifle and didn't have her own deer legal calibre. Excellent service. He's not a shooter, but had hoped to do the DSC1 course in order to gain a better insight into the requirements of firearms owners. Unfortunately his superiors decided against sending him on the course.
He would be a worthy recipient of this offer, in my opinion.
If only It worked that way.

he would immediately be accused of corruption.

The police in the U.K. are hindered at every step of the way.

JMikeyH

Colonel, could I recommend a friend of mine? He is a serving firearms officer and is always over the moon when I bring him round some wild game, if you would allow it I'd love to throw my name in on his behalf if he would want it (his wife is vegetarian so I don't know!)

Rob-E

Another great offer. Dave took me out last year for my first deer; a Muntjac. Unfortunately I couldn’t stay over but the amount of deer we saw I’m sure if we had gone out the 2/3 times he wanted I would have left with more than just one!

JH83

Wonderful idea well done, great to see some appreciation of a pretty tough profession. I would shy away from putting names of officers involved in shooting on the internet though, word of warning.