Free standing seat

tom

Thought I would share this seat I built the other day with the help from my work experience lad ,
£156 all in including fixings ,conforms to health and safety as well .
I have been looking at designs for a while and basically copied a few and built it from pictures,

Attachments

tom

Yes I have a swivel chair in there ,you shoot out the top ;
Probably put a roof on it some time :
It’s a scaled down version of this one :
I rent this one out !
I was amazed at the cost as I have tried those cheap Chinese ones and they are a death trap after a year or two ,
And this will last as the big one is 8 years old at least ,

Attachments

Uncle Norm

That looks a really good job Tom. Really safe and stable too:thumb:. Any chance of posting a simple plan and cutting list ?:tiphat:
I've a couple of places where I could use these.
I cant knock a nail in straight myself but my brother is a trained carpenter. He is a member on here and upon reading this, will know what's coming :oops::rolleyes:

25 Sharps

Thought I would share this seat I built the other day with the help from my work experience lad ,
£156 all in including fixings ,conforms to health and safety as well .
I have been looking at designs for a while and basically copied a few and built it from pictures,

Looks really good, I believe the rings have to be inlet into the timbers they are fixed to, to fully comply with health and safety, in case the screws fail.

foxdropper

Yes rungs should be rebated into the stringer .The going and rising ,tread and riser ,need to conform as well I think .

hogey

Looks good.
I am planing on making similar but bolt the 4 sides together so it can be dismantled for transport to shoot on roof and inside my truck.

tom

The rungs are not off set as they are wired up , as far as I was concerned that complies with h/s .
If you cut in to the timber do you not weaken it ?
The newish Timber fast securing bolts are structurally guaranteed.
I will write out a cutting list when I get chance so I keep a record for buliding them in the future.

Bavarianbrit

The other trick is to put 2x2s vertically between each rung on the uprights same function as inletting them without weakening the verticals.
Nice job.
BB

tom

Yes that’s a good idea with the 2x2 ;might do that as belt and braces ,
Will take some phots when we get it out ,
Thanks