Fridge problems.

BRACES of Bristol - Dark Fox Package, Mauser M12, LIEMKE Thermal Scope, Wildcat Mod
Huge thanks to Keith (Sikadog) for all his help and advice with diagnosing the problem and identifying the correct thermostat. My fridge had become an extremely cold freezer at -18c, a search on Google led me to an old thread on here which recommended sikadog for advice so after a few PMs I ordered the thermostat on Friday from WWW.CPC.CO.UK and it arrived here in SW Ireland this morning so great service all round and a perfectly working fridge for €16.54!

If any of you have any fridge issues sikadogs the man.

rph6.5

Help needed please. I too am having issues with my chiller-it's a Derby upright chiller. At one time very cold almost to point of freezing carcasses. Now it seems to blow warm air after being on for a few hours. Would this be thermostat? Where is thermostat likely to be located? Are they easy to change, would it be worth replacing? Do I scrap it and get a new one!
Any help would be much appreciated.

rph6.5

Does it have a digital controller on the front of the unit at all? Has this been happening since the start of the hot weather? Most likely is your condenser is blocked with dust and cannot remove the heat effectively. If it’s been going on longer than since the warm weather then it could be more serious like a loss of gas or a cooked compressor. Unlikely to be the thermostat as that will just cause it to run forever without cutting out hence it starts to freeze things. If you can give me some more info I’d be happy to help. Qualified refrigeration and A/C engineer, happy to help anyone that needs it 👍🏻

rph6.5

Thanks for input-its in the garage, and has been for about 5 years. Problems started well before this warm spell.
It just has a knob on front to control temp-no digital control. It is quite dusty in there mind you,if that could affect it.
Thanks again.

wytonpjs

Help needed please. I too am having issues with my chiller-it's a Derby upright chiller. At one time very cold almost to point of freezing carcasses. Now it seems to blow warm air after being on for a few hours. Would this be thermostat? Where is thermostat likely to be located? Are they easy to change, would it be worth replacing? Do I scrap it and get a new one!
Any help would be much appreciated.

rph6.5
do you get any ice build-up? Could this be an auto- defrost issue for a frost-free fridge/chiller?

wytonpjs

Does it have a digital controller on the front of the unit at all? Has this been happening since the start of the hot weather? Most likely is your condenser is blocked with dust and cannot remove the heat effectively. If it’s been going on longer than since the warm weather then it could be more serious like a loss of gas or a cooked compressor. Unlikely to be the thermostat as that will just cause it to run forever without cutting out hence it starts to freeze things. If you can give me some more info I’d be happy to help. Qualified refrigeration and A/C engineer, happy to help anyone that needs it 👍🏻
Wish you lived closer :coat:

Thanks, but no it's not frost free and yes I used to to get ice build up at the back.
Would be worth checking the condensor to see if it’s blocked up. If it is switch it off at the mains and get your self a squirty bottle with water in and try to squirt through it to shift the dirt. If not then it’s possible it’s lost it’s gas charge or the compressor has failed in which case it may be time to replace it unfortunately. Not that it’s not repairable, just you’ll pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed. If you need any more help feel free to dm me mate 👍🏻

wytonpjs

Haha why’s that mate, you having issues also? Brizzys not that far
Pepsi double-door chiller, Inkbird thermostat routinely controlling between 2 and 4 degrees but every now and then I see it has gone up to 12 degrees before it kicks in again, pulls down to 2 degrees and goes back to cycling between 2 and 4 again as if nothing happened. Thinking thermal cut-out in the compressor?

Pepsi double-door chiller, Inkbird thermostat routinely controlling between 2 and 4 degrees but every now and then I see it has gone up to 12 degrees before it kicks in again, pulls down to 2 degrees and goes back to cycling between 2 and 4 again as if nothing happened. Thinking thermal cut-out in the compressor?
Yeah I’d say you’re probably correct mate They’re fairly basic units so I wouldn’t think it was a high pressure/ low pressure cut out. Anyway you could stick a fan near the compressor to try and band aid it along for a bit longer?

Yeah I’d say you’re probably correct mate They’re fairly basic units so I wouldn’t think it was a high pressure/ low pressure cut out. Anyway you could stick a fan near the compressor to try and band aid it along for a bit longer?
Does it have door switches?

rph6.5

Many thanks for responses, will have a look at condenser-it's great that people are prepared to spend a bit of time trying to help other forum members.

sikadog

A member on here sent me a message to say he had a double coke fridge and he had A refrigeration engineer out to look at it, and was told the the compressor had failed and it was going to cost £610 if I remember correctly to repair it. (which was a bit of a shock) so he phoned someone else and they quoted £420.
I traveled over £80 miles each way and replaced the compressor for £250 and a stalk.
Compressors are not expensive.
A mate who runs the local shop asked me to look at his fridge in the shop, which had a failed compressor the fridge manufaturers quoted £385 for a compressor I bought one to fit it for £65.

sikadog

RHP6.5

You have one of two problems your fridge is either short of gas or the thermostat is on the blink. PM me your phone number and I will give you a ring.

CDSG Shooting Sports