Frigging about in the bush today.

John Gryphon

Mate and I went for a snow run and as we came around a ferny gully corner eight,maybe nine dingo pups went in all directions.I got a bitch and mate got a dog pup.
Schitt @ 66 years running down wild dog pups is for the younger blokes.

The dog pup has been named 1080 (ten eighty) The other is $120.

dingo%20pup%20c%201_zpsru3ccrpb.jpg

120%20cp_zpsuavvqgi4.jpg

120%20cp%20ute_zpsqrlywocw.jpg

Loki

Hiya John

Tojo looking good and fit for purpose! Thermals needed or not that cold?
It is possible/relatively straight forward to bring back into the fold (domestication) dingoes/wild dogs, when picked up as pups?
Do they/would they be sharper than the domesticated hound?

L

Highlandsjohn

I figure by the time they are a year old they will be hanging with the others on the old Turkish oak tree. Good luck anyway...:old:john

John Gryphon

Hiya John

Tojo looking good and fit for purpose! Thermals needed or not that cold?
It is possible/relatively straight forward to bring back into the fold (domestication) dingoes/wild dogs, when picked up as pups?
Do they/would they be sharper than the domesticated hound?

L

Anyone that I personally know that has reared them has ended up shooting them as in wild is wild. Mate in pics reared one before..shot it! So I dont understand why he is going to try again.

I figure by the time they are a year old they will be hanging with the others on the old Turkish oak tree. Good luck anyway...:old:john

HJ you are on the money mate.

Last edited:

Loki

Hi John

Best bring him on, to the point he is of appropriate size, then cash him in............
Wild is wild - they just wont have any domestication even when others in the House Pack are around?
Or do you need to get them before eyes open.........

L

John Gryphon

They are a $120 bounty at any age Loki.
All I know is that I will never take the chance with a wild pup unless I was doing a forced R. Crusoe somewhere,much better than a ball named Wilson.

Its pretty cool up the back from where 1080 hails as evidenced by the woolly coat compared to my pups.

dingo%20pup_zpsclnwca1u.jpg