fuel prices

swarovski

Long may the fuel price war continue, I saw diesel for £1.16 per litre in asda tother day, unleaded was £1.09, would be nice to see it go below a quid :thumb:

Careful what you wish for. Dropping oil prices means lower tax receipts from North Sea oil for the Treasury, and a lower pump price for DERV, petrol, gas oil, etc means less VAT to that same department. HMG will just make up the shortfall from different pockets of the same victims !

swarovski

In one hand and out the other, am sure the government will quickly bring in a new kind of tax to get it back like the bedroom tax thing, if you have an empty bedroom you got to pay more rent so to encourage you to downsize so a bigger family can have it, well something on those lines, only applies to renters

deeangeo

Fuel - fast to increase in price .....very slow to come down!
Crude is at 2004/2005 prices now and that should mean pump prices at the 2005 average...diesel £1 per litre & unleaded at .97p litre.
Anyone seen that yet?

Robb

Fuel - fast to increase in price .....very slow to come down!
Crude is at 2004/2005 prices now and that should mean pump prices at the 2005 average...diesel £1 per litre & unleaded at .97p litre.
Anyone seen that yet?
No not yet but i wouldnt mind betting one of the big supermarkets will get somewhere close in the next couple of months, Its a shame Aldi or Lidl dont sell fuel, That would really liven things up...! :D

deeangeo

SNP gone very quiet on it.
And so they would - shower of Communist sharks - the only gray cells among them are geared to take and not make! It's just a pity the greater population think they really are going to get something out of them...free and for nothing - really? Still... I don't want to hijack this thread. Sorry - just me having a rant.

Rake Aboot

Make the most of it. Not many companies willing to carry on digging it out the ground at a cost more than they can sell it for.

Cheap supermarket milk anyone ??

tozzybum

enjoy the benefits of fracking gents.fracked oil 50 dollars a barrel is whats done it.the oil companys and the opec group have screwed us for years.now theyve got to match what the new market rate is or the customer goes elsewhere.we all know the goverment taxes the nuts out of fuel but the energy companys still make millions in profits and now its all coming home to roost.fracked oil n gas ,and to a lesser extent electric vehicles mean the writings on the wall for some.

weeman

Paid £1.10 yesterday filled l200 up noticed a huge difference as normally pay £1.21 a litre. Long may it continue to drop.

foxinmad

I saved approx £25 filling up the L200 yesterday long may it continue . On another note tho I'm loosing about 6 miles to the gallon after putting the winter tyres on so the onboard computer tells me.