Gaiters for Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX -wide Boots

UK Outfitters

crouch valley

Hi can any one recamended me a set of gaiters for Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX -wide Boots sorry if this has been done before but I could not find in search.

Cheers
Dan

Willie

Blackislanders are the best gaiters I have ever have. They are now in their third season beating on the moors as well as pheasants and of course stalking. Easy to put on due to zip down front. Only one down side, they are expensive.

​Willie

crouch valley

Blackislanders are the best gaiters I have ever have. They are now in their third season beating on the moors as well as pheasants and of course stalking. Easy to put on due to zip down front. Only one down side, they are expensive.

​Willie

Cheers Willie what's not cheep these days you only get what you pay for cheers for the reply will have a look now.

salopsniper

I plan to get some ex army gaitors to give ago as they are cheap and use a steel cord so should be hard wearing !

ATB

Matt

PointBlank

I use le chemau kotkor wiith my size 12 pair when I am after pheasants. They have lasted 3years but could do with replacing now.

Foss

​Willie

Crouch,

I too use blackislanders on my Dovre GTX's. I would highly recomend them and have felt they are worth the money. Like the boots, you put them on at the beginning of the day and simply forget about them until you go to take them off. I've taken good care of mine and they have lasted me. I use silicone spray on my outdoor zips and find this helps. I cant remember what size gaitor I went for but they fit around the boot no problem. My feet are size 10 so if you want me to check what size my gaitors are just let me know.

Foss

TankGunner

I had a pair of Kammo gaiter that did 4 years of stalking and shooting. My Blackislander replacements did 3 years before one of the zips gave out.

paul o'

amy ones for beating ,and blacks for anything other i only say this as the brambles can smash up a set of gaitors and at £10 pr it won't make you cry .
ps mod ones ? thay are handed ! L&R

dan i have a new set up the shed if you wish them as i now use me muck books on wet days.
pm me if you wish them.
paul

I plan to get some ex army gaitors to give ago as they are cheap and use a steel cord so should be hard wearing !

ATB

Matt

Last edited:

rigboot

Ive been bouncing between various gaiters and here a few of my own findings

MacGaiters - Quiet, warm, velcro can be a nightmare and the snow seems to push/roll them up from the bottom and packs underneath even with a sole strap fitted.

Yeti's - Strong and very good protection, nightmare to install though and new Yeti Attack rubber compound on the toe is harder than the old stuff which pushes the bottom lace holder right into the leather (due to the tension being on the folding area) and can be uncomfortable on my own pair of Douvres.

Black Islanders - Can be noisy on the heather or if you're in close stalking but mine have lasted well. Easier to take off when not required too. Not as "tick proof" as the yeti's but compromise.

Plenty other options out there and I'm always interested to hear more recommendations too

Steyer 6.5

The yeti gaiters are good but mine seem real tight round my calf to the point they pop open during the day and then zip comes down. But they are awesome. I've seen on E bay military ones in cammo.

http://bit.ly/16XLQkG have a look at these similar to the yeti.

crouch valley

Well now I'm really split I think it's between the Le Chameau Kotkor or the Black Islanders. I had made my mind up for the Black Islanders until Rigboot said they were noisy. Thanks for everyone's Reply's. Red Dot are the Le Chameau Kotkor's noisy?

Cheers
​Dan

crouch valley

amy ones for beating ,and blacks for anything other i only say this as the brambles can smash up a set of gaitors and at £10 pr it won't make you cry .
ps mod ones ? thay are handed ! L&R

dan i have a new set up the shed if you wish them as i now use me muck books on wet days.
pm me if you wish them.
paul

Cheers for the offer Paul but I do have a pair of ex army one's somewhere I'm looking for some better ones.

RED-DOT

Not at all noisy but the only fault is the black lace on the top can untie and can snag on brambles in cover but all you need to do is tie a small knot at both ends of each lace and that will keep them from being lost but £1.50 buys a new pair.
I left a pair of Meindls with a pair of Kotkors in a boat on South Uist and bought another set as soon as i got home... Top kit.

White Hart

I got a pair of Yeti's off eBay ex surplus but brand new never been worn for £25, I was so chuffed I ordered another set just Incase! I must admit the old surplus DPM gaiters will still get used for beating though tough as!

crouch valley

Not at all noisy but the only fault is the black lace on the top can untie and can snag on brambles in cover but all you need to do is tie a small knot at both ends of each lace and that will keep them from being lost but £1.50 buys a new pair.
I left a pair of Meindls with a pair of Kotkors in a boat on South Uist and bought another set as soon as i got home... Top kit.

Cheer's RED DOT. The Kotkors it is then. That was a expensive mistake mate.

Willie

Hi Crouch Valley,

Read this thread before you buy the Kortor gaiters.

Le Chameau gaiters...

It seems a few members have had problems with leaking/condensation, broken zips, lace hooks etc.

Willie

PS Buy the Blackislanders you won't be disappointed

PSE Composites Limited