Gaiters

greville1689

Looking for new gaiters for the hill. My problem with most is that you get a lot of condensation inside which ends up soaking through your socks. Many years ago I had a canvass pair that were brilliant but you cant get them now. For the really bad winter's day I have a pair of MoD arctic gaiters that I have stuck on a pair of Austrian boots which are great but bulky and I would not wear them before November!

Willie

Try black islander gaiters, waterproof, breathable, hard wearing and easy to put on. Only downside is they are expensive.

Willie

monarman

If you're prepared to wait a short while I understand monarch country products are bringing out a quality gaiter....... if it's anything like the kammo gaiters as Rob says...they should take some beating!
I had blackislander for a while.... not as good as the kammo ones. I will be trying a pair of the monarch gaiters for sure.

yetidude69

Google canvas gaiters, there's a few quality country clothing companies producing them.
Iv looked at them at the trade shows but as of yet havnt destroyed my current stoney Creek ones.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

n3al

I brought a pair of fortis clothing gaiters from the british shooting show. Absolute cracking bit of kit a bit expensive but I expect them to stand up to the abuse I tend to give kit

.25-06

A pair of ventile gaiters were the best at keeping me dry. Up to your knees crossing burns was no problem for them. Never sweated out in them.

Toller

Barbour wax cotton gaiters for me. They're great at keeping out debris, water and ticks. Maybe not as good for serious waterproofing as other options but they're not bad and quiet too.

Milligan

The Berghaus Yeti are probably the ultimate gaiter but a beast to fit.
I use a goretex Berghaus with velcro up the front, works well. I think you'll always get some moisture somewhere on the hill in winter, whether from sweat, ingress or the bog you stood in that went to your knee...

Tis1979

Hunters Elements pinnacle Gaiter, found these to be great, I don't like gaiters that are too big bulky & the mac's sweat too much.