GDK Trading - Terrible service

Leon

Just a report on a really bad service received from the above company, I purchased a 6 gun digital safe from the Midland Game Fair through this company with a promised delivery date of the 27/09/13 - after not receiving it I tried phoning a couple of times last week with no answer, fair enough they may have been busy so I sent an email on Wednesday still no reply by this am so I repeatedly rang the number and eventually spoke to someone @ 10:15 who could not give me an answer but promised to phone me back, I eventually had to phone them back at 16:45 for which I got a "sorry we can't get them and don't know when we will, can we supply you one with keys" erm no! Said person couldn't give me an answer on why the website stated they have stock of this model for the last week that I have been checking and still does even now, anyway we shall see if they actually take as long to process my refund as they did to call me back.

Just a word of caution for anyone intending to purchase from this outfit.

Thanks

​Leon

Naseby

Just a report on a really bad service received from the above company, I purchased a 6 gun digital safe from the Midland Game Fair through this company with a promised delivery date of the 27/09/13 - after not receiving it I tried phoning a couple of times last week with no answer, fair enough they may have been busy so I sent an email on Wednesday still no reply by this am so I repeatedly rang the number and eventually spoke to someone @ 10:15 who could not give me an answer but promised to phone me back, I eventually had to phone them back at 16:45 for which I got a "sorry we can't get them and don't know when we will, can we supply you one with keys" erm no! Said person couldn't give me an answer on why the website stated they have stock of this model for the last week that I have been checking and still does even now, anyway we shall see if they actually take as long to process my refund as they did to call me back.

Just a word of caution for anyone intending to purchase from this outfit.

Thanks

​Leon

Leon, that's pretty poor. How did you pay the deposit? If by card you may be able to get it back quite quickly

​Naseby

Steyer 6.5

I had crap service also when I brought a extendable Highseat from them in February. The delivery date was late, the seat was not fit for purpose and when I explained the problem to
to their technical dept. He just got defensive and laughed at one point, in a you ain't got a clue what your on about attitude. Phone calls same as yourself. Nightmare in the end they had the seat back and gave a refund less 30 quid restocking and their postage out.
I won't ever use them again.

Leon

Leon, that's pretty poor. How did you pay the deposit? If by card you may be able to get it back quite quickly

​Naseby

Foolishly I paid in full with my debit card, I will get it back its just a case of how long it takes.

Naseby

Foolishly I paid in full with my debit card, I will get it back its just a case of how long it takes.

Leon, you say "foolishly" and I would have thought so too when i did the same and used a Debit Card, but another SD member on here explained to me how to get the money back and it came back a day or two later. I had similar terrible service from Kammo UK. Phone your Bank in the first instance and they will explain the procedure; mine were very helpful.
Good Luck
​Naseby

Naseby

Leon, you say "foolishly" and I would have thought so too when i did the same and used a Debit Card, but another SD member on here explained to me how to get the money back and it came back a day or two later. I had similar terrible service from Kammo UK. Phone your Bank in the first instance and they will explain the procedure; mine were very helpful.
Good Luck
​Naseby

Leon,
Have a quick look at this thread
Kammo UK Ltd
By the way the chap that helped me was ths84 - again thanks to him
Naseby

Leon

:rolleyes: Are they in league with the hat geezer?

Not quite, he didnt want to take our money, this lot take your money and dont want to give you the goods :doh:

I have raised a dispute with the bank on the above advice, cheers for your help Naseby

Leon

Naseby

Not quite, he didnt want to take our money, this lot take your money and dont want to give you the goods :doh:

I have raised a dispute with the bank on the above advice, cheers for your help Naseby

Leon

​My pleasure Leon, hope it works out well for you

blunderbust

Thanks for passing this info on, I was just about to order one of there xl ammo safes. After reading about your hassle I think that I will find one somewhere else.

Leon

Thanks for passing this info on, I was just about to order one of there xl ammo safes. After reading about your hassle I think that I will find one somewhere else.

No problem

What still concerns me is the fact they are still advertising the same cabinet I ordered as in stock and available on a 24 hour delivery.

dave1372

No problem

What still concerns me is the fact they are still advertising the same cabinet I ordered as in stock and available on a 24 hour delivery.

I do hate the fact that a few companies websites let you order stuff they don't have in stock and you only find this out after a couple of weeks when you chase them! :doh:

lister

I ordered a cabinet from them did not arrive I was told it was lost by courier next one arrived "on time" the cabinet is spot on I was left with the feeling that they are a one man band they have a "yes we can" attitude when they cannot
​cheers lister

Donkey Basher

After spending a long time looking and calling various retailers to ask if things were in stock I ended up buying a cabinet from these guys:

http://airarmsspares.com/gun-cabinets/

The website is air arms spares but the company is Bond Gun Accessories, run by a chap called Julian Bond if I remember correctly.

Not only were they polite and helpful they also came out the cheapest too.

Hope you get the money back without too much delay.

Leon

After spending a long time looking and calling various retailers to ask if things were in stock I ended up buying a cabinet from these guys:

http://airarmsspares.com/gun-cabinets/

The website is air arms spares but the company is Bond Gun Accessories, run by a chap called Julian Bond if I remember correctly.

Not only were they polite and helpful they also came out the cheapest too.

Hope you get the money back without too much delay.

Thanks for that link they do every type of safe imaginable. As usual the only thing they don't do is a digital safe which is what I was after.

Might have to be a bigger one if I can get it round the other half :)

Dax

Well this forum certainly helps I was about to purchase a 7 gun cabinet from them but I won't bother now don't need the grief although they are slightly cheaper

maybe you could point out to them how popular on SD they are NOT. and a quick refund without any hassle may help their cause getting back on course with our thousands of members

Pedro

Are these cabinets much cheaper than at your local gun shop? There you get to take home the cabinet immediately, have some easy comeback if there's a problem and make good contacts for other stuff. I do buy items off the web, but my local RFD is generally the preferred option. He is sometimes a bit dearer, but obviously doesn't charge for carriage. If it's a lot dearer, I tell him and give him the chance to see if he can match it, or nearly match it. Use 'em or lose 'em!

Leon

Are these cabinets much cheaper than at your local gun shop? There you get to take home the cabinet immediately, have some easy comeback if there's a problem and make good contacts for other stuff. I do buy items off the web, but my local RFD is generally the preferred option. He is sometimes a bit dearer, but obviously doesn't charge for carriage. If it's a lot dearer, I tell him and give him the chance to see if he can match it, or nearly match it. Use 'em or lose 'em!

Always buy local, unfortunately local ones couldn't do anything for a six gun electronic, it wasn't price orientated. Anyway another buffalo river one ordered so all sorted and a bit extra space as it will take 18 guns :)

Pedro

Always buy local, unfortunately local ones couldn't do anything for a six gun electronic, it wasn't price orientated. Anyway another buffalo river one ordered so all sorted and a bit extra space as it will take 18 guns :)

Fair enough :D

GDK Outdoors not recomended

Wish I had seen this post before I bought a gun box over the Internet, they rang and said the payment hadn't gone through, paid twice was sent two gun boxes on the 29th of April after weeks of trying to return one they are now in dispute about taking the payment twice only two days ago I had to provide proof payment to be told it had been refunded and as far as they were concerned it had left their bank that was 8th of August and still not resolved.
So it seems like I will have to take the case to the small claims court as they are not interested once they have your money, I would not recommend them to anyone.