General Election

big ears

Dear Members,

Can i I ask you all if you ever get the chance to ask any candidate you come across about their policies on both Education and the Health Service.

Despite what Mrs May says this election is not about Brexit, that is just a smoke screen. Brexit has happened and the negotiations will follow. We cannot vote now on what the outcome of negotiations will be as they haven't started. Anyone who believes what politicians say now will be the truth in two years probably needs to look into recent history a bit more.

Whoever gets in now will be controlling things for the next 5 years and therefore we are voting for a party who hopefully will protect out NHS and invest in our children's, or grandchildren's, education so they will have similar opportunities we all have had.

For this reason I ask you all to ask about Health and Education to try and cut through the BS about Brexit.

BE

Pedro

We can ask, but I fear as you yourself intimate, we shall get back only what we want to hear before the election. When the parties publish their manifestos we will get a more detailed picture - of their lies. But it's pretty clear, at least to me that as far as education and healthcare goes, Labour would spend money hand over fist that they don't have on them and the Conservatives will continue to squeeze them. Both, in the long run will have the same outcome.

The Lib Dems would be too busy arranging more referendums on subjects we have already had referendums on. UKIP will probably have to have a mass street brawl to see who gets to be Prime Minister if they ever won and the Green Party would probably demolish the Palace of Westminster and plant daisies so they can introduce an honours system where you get a daisy chain award for every tin of tuna friendly dolphin you eat.

big ears

I didn't mean to be defeatist and suggest not voting as I think it is important we all vote. What I ask is that you choose your vote not based on Brexit rather the NHS and Education.

caorach

I've been hearing this a lot in the last 24 hours. People who haven't stopped whinging and whining about brexit for the last year, and who got quite upset when you told them you were fed up listening to it, all of a sudden want to change the subject and make no mention of it.

Brendan O'Neill of the (now dissolved) Revolutionary Communist Party posted this today:

The left in April: "Oh man, you morons have ruined everything. Plunged Britain into chaos. ****ed off all of Europe. Unleashed hate crime on a level we haven't seen since Gengis Khan. Made racism respectable. Destroyed the economy. Made yourselves poorer -- well done, you idiots. Why must you be so unintelligent? Can't you take night classes or something? Murdoch hates you, stop believing everything he says! Think for yourselves! If you can. We know your brains are quite small."
The left in May: "Why aren't you voting for us?"

The UK is going to leave the EU so we need whoever is in power to have a strong negotiating position, this will be key to our future position in the world and this will drive our economy. We also need to get our oil and gas flowing, reduce energy prices and put our country back to work by encouraging industry, as is happening in the US (number of oil fields in production there has doubled in a few months). While there is a small, and very vocal, group who appear not to understand all of this I suspect that the millions who voted for brexit (the largest ever number of people in the UK to support a decision) do understand it and, as I can see it, they only have one voting option. This is unfortunate but Brendan's quote above shows why options have become limited. You can't have the NHS and education in a country run by people who think that eating lentils, riding around on pushbikes and farting in empty yogurt cartons to generate energy amounts to having a successful economy. We need an NHS and education, but first of all we need the cash to pay for them and the way to do that is look forwards and not backwards. The Tory party may not form part of that future but it looks to me like they are certainly going to be the bridge that takes us there.

deeangeo

When you put your X in the box, all you get is another politician. Who'd trust any of them?

rodp

coarach will that money be the £350m a week we were promised last time we voted?

Didn't UKIP promise that, not the Tories, and then admit it was wrong? So why do some have to keep on and on about it? :banghead: They (UKIP) Stated IT WAS A MISTAKE TO PROMISE IT, (just in case you didn't know). :lol:

Just trying to help :thumb:

african jack

the wording on the bus was £350m paid to the EU every week would it not be better spent on the NHS were is the promise in that to me that is a question not a promise
coarach will that money be the £350m a week we were promised last time we voted?

big ears

Didn't UKIP promise that, not the Tories, and then admit it was wrong? So why do some have to keep on and on about it? :banghead: They (UKIP) Stated IT WAS A MISTAKE TO PROMISE IT, (just in case you didn't know). :lol:

Just trying to help :thumb:
think you will find it was the Leave campaign of which there were a few high profile tories in their midst. One our present foreign secretary I believe.

JTO

Everything is fixable except the EU, so Brexit is the most important issue for me. Once out of the UESR, we can sort things out.

stumac

Politicians are just like nappies..... full of sh!t, stink, and need changing regularly.....
:rofl: That's a new one on me.

Until they get rid of the likes of the present Labour leader we will have the Tories in power. What I cant understand is how anyone can change their vote from Labour to Tories or visa versa.

The fourth Horseman

First win the Election Mother Theresa. Then call Junkbox. Tell him Straight, "Start talking sensibly about Trade and Inpats and Expats. We give you six months to settle the main points with us or else we just walk, that is your choice".:british:

JTO

I think a lot of the people who paid to vote for Corbyn, were Tory supporters, it was cheaper than an expensive election campaign where expenditure might have been capped.

african jack

You missed the PS (by the way junky you not getting a shilling pass your begging bowl round the remaining 27
First win the Election Mother Theresa. Then call Junkbox. Tell him Straight, "Start talking sensibly about Trade and Inpats and Expats. We give you six months to settle the main points with us or else we just walk, that is your choice".:british:

enfieldspares

Nigel Farage and Paul Nuttall resembled on Friday morning two old men at an Erectile Disfunction Clinic.

Trying to explain why that although they had tried hard all night neither of them had succeeded in getting their members in.

:banghead:

Last edited:

JTO

THANK YOU, UKIP, you achieved what we wanted, but we couldn't risk splitting the Brexit vote and let the reds in.

2130martin

Dear Members,

Can i I ask you all if you ever get the chance to ask any candidate you come across about their policies on both Education and the Health Service.

Despite what Mrs May says this election is not about Brexit, that is just a smoke screen. Brexit has happened and the negotiations will follow. We cannot vote now on what the outcome of negotiations will be as they haven't started. Anyone who believes what politicians say now will be the truth in two years probably needs to look into recent history a bit more.

Whoever gets in now will be controlling things for the next 5 years and therefore we are voting for a party who hopefully will protect out NHS and invest in our children's, or grandchildren's, education so they will have similar opportunities we all have had.

For this reason I ask you all to ask about Health and Education to try and cut through the BS about Brexit.

BE
Who should we vote for if the NHS and Education is our priority?