giving up

tony rentokil

Well I have tried everything,for 6 years since starting stalking,paid stalks,etc,etc,
I cannot get any ground,to stalk you would think in my job [rentokil] and always some how bringing the conversation round to deer.
I should have by now,come up with something,promises off farmers,land owners,so on and so forth.
Offers of money,for a few barren feilds that some one saw a munty on 7 year ago,nowt!!!
So I am seriously thinking of jacking in.
Christ if it wasnt for Dave 223 on site,who is a very genorous guy,I would have no reason to own a bl@@@y rifle.

Preety peeved Tod.

jimmy milnes

Well I have tried everything,for 6 years since starting stalking,paid stalks,etc,etc,
I cannot get any ground,to stalk you would think in my job [rentokil] and always some how bringing the conversation round to deer.
I should have by now,come up with something,promises off farmers,land owners,so on and so forth.
Offers of money,for a few barren feilds that some one saw a munty on 7 year ago,nowt!!!
Christ if it wasnt for Dave 223 on site,who is a very genorous guy,I would have no reason to own a bl@@@y rifle.

Preety peeved Tod.
Hi pal,
I also joined one of the big pest control companies when I returned from living in NZ but like you found that it was too much box kicking and not at all as I was told in the interview so jacked it and went back to joinery
Regards
Jimmy

Druid

Sad state really. often its all tied up with someone who can never have enough permissions.

375 mag

All good things come to those that wait, keep plugging away something will come up prob when you least expect it !

weeman

Preety peeved Tod.

Hope I've bloody read this right.

Dont give up the sport mate just for the sake of land. I've been there and got the t-shirt.
i gave up on gaining land approx three years ago, more so when I heard folk where paying for land holding no deer o and just to shoot bunnys, corvids, a few foxes and a chance of roe.
People with land now are being out purchased as land owners or farmers are getting wise and money is talking now a days.
ive been fortunate to make decent mates from here offering good stalking opportunities.
You would feel more peeved if you had your land taken off you due to financial reasons.
Since never had the opportunity of having land with deer on ive met several good decent stalkers learned plenty more, shared a few cracks, whiskys etc and a couple of good offers on the table in the future.

​Caz (Dom) keep a whisky glass warm for me when I'm down I've got my eye on a nice bottle to share.

The Singing Stalker

It is a pain in the ass. I bitch about my small bits of land as it is mainly bunnies round there but at least it is something and in three years we have had 4 deer off it.
It is really difficult and I would love to get a decent bit of stalking ground nearish to me but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Perhaps you need a different strategy. Maybe go for some ratting and work your way up. I don't know. It is such a pain to figure out how to do it.

bobjs

I am sure there a lots of people that have

done it
read it
seen the movie
got the T shirt
and now live in it.

well i have to say i am one of them,

had it all and now lost 90% of it, had shoots purchased from under my feet, mates take land from me when i was in hospital,and to cap it all those people that you help out and they promise you everything until your back on your feet and you don't hear a word,

DON'T give up just be patient and keep on going, for me that was to get a job with not very good wadges but im back in employment and have 6000 acres to shoot fox and vermin.

will i invite those who sh@t on me for a shoot,

not a hope in hell, they can all stay there and rot, and for those who used me for what they could get and not returned a single call..........................................they can stoke the fire in hell with the others.

best wishes bud and keep going

bob.

big_dog

Yes it all about the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ dont give up it will come.

weeman

I am sure there a lots of people that have

done it
read it
seen the movie
got the T shirt
and now live in it.

well i have to say i am one of them,

had it all and now lost 90% of it, had shoots purchased from under my feet, mates take land from me when i was in hospital,and to cap it all those people that you help out and they promise you everything until your back on your feet and you don't hear a word,

bob.

Bob they ain't mates as sure your aware, what comes around goes around let's hope it bites them in the ass back.
loyalty is showing very little now a days as the queens head on paper is talking big times a head. Let's just hope it doesnt price paying stalkers like myself out of the sport.

bobjs

If you fancy a day out after roe, pm me. I am a bit busy at the moment but Dec or Jan no problem.

there you go bud

this forum is tops, i wish i had the time and money to take the offers i have had from the guys on here when i was laid off, grab this and make a new friend.

Bob they ain't mates as sure your aware, what comes around goes around let's hope it bites them in the ass back.
loyalty is showing very little now a days as the queens head on paper is talking big times a head. Let's just hope it doesnt price paying stalkers like myself out of the sport.

very true weeman.
i may never return to stalking, but i will not bow down to those turds that sh@t on me bud.....................now i don't have the land or the 4x4 i have no mates...................if thats what you call them,

never again,

daven

Preety peeved Tod.

Sounds like it's not much different than it is here....... I just got my license in May... Have been invited plenty to hunt but not real happy with the crowd I have to deal with on the steady invite..... Thinking about taking a lease in an area close by just so I don't have to depend on and hang out with them except on my own terms.... I've found it easier to go to the source instead of the joe blow you may see out hunting an area... I put my name, age, and contact info on a note saying I'm a new hunter and would like the chance to meet and help out in the area when it comes to wildlife and damages, put them in ziploc bags, and went around in the problem (pig mostly, but deer in reforested areas) areas putting them on stands and at a couple hunting cabins.... Within 2 weeks, I have 6 invites to different drive hunts and one old guy wants me to come to his house for some reason...
Don't give up, but don't waste your time and breath on folks in the same boat as you (looking for or trying to avoid sharing permission)...

Good Luck.

limulus

Theres plenty of shooting not far from you, you're judt going to have to go on the knocker. Doba few free jobs for farmers, especially if you have a ulv and get out around the church stretton area

weeman

The upside in having now land......

Several commandments..........

1 knowing you will never loose any land and the dreaded phone call informing you of your loss knowing you can't financially compete.

2 you'll get to meet more fellow stalkers and explore more of this gorgeous country side we have.

3 you get to learn and share different methods

4 you'll never throw the towel in.

5 you'll not become greedy, even though I'd love thousands of acres to repay all who has helped me allowing them t stalk as a good will gesture.

6 saves you thousands of pounds in not needing a 4x4

7 saves again plenty of pound notes on a deer dog.

My time of the month rant over.

If and when I win the lottery I will go against everything I have just mentioned.

tommy r

i feel i am in the same boat mate , although i have some great mates that got me in to the sport and continue to point me in the right direction . i would love to have some land of my own to stalk , keep cracking away as will i . tommy r

tony rentokil

Limulus,whats a ulv?Do you know any contacts around church stretton,as I used to hang glide off the Long Mynnd.
Are there any deer in that area?
Thank you.
Tony.

tony rentokil

Bl@@dy hell,and hears me level 2 pest controller,advanced tech,trained marksman,vertabrate trained,ipathe,etc,etc.
and i forgot what ulv was,had not got my rentokil head on,
Cheers Tony.