Glenashdale beat, Arran.

sikasako

This is one beat which I have not been on before.
Anyone got any recommendations / feedback?
Looking at satellite images it appears that there is vehicle track running (generally) north to south on the eastern extent of the beat?
Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
Am there at stags during first week in October.

wytonpjs

Sorry, that's Stag Week 2 I'm on, not one! All packed and about to set off North later this morning. Bob has posted on FB that only 9 were shot last week (all young) due to the unseasonably warm temperatures and full moon conditions. Whilst it will be a little cooler (and wet) next week, it will still be relatively warm so I suspect that those on Stag Weeks 3 and 4 will do better as I doubt the rut will be kicking off any time soon. Hey ho, that stalking! Will be good to get out on the hills and give it a dam good go though :thumb:

wytonpjs

This is one beat which I have not been on before.
Anyone got any recommendations / feedback?
Looking at satellite images it appears that there is vehicle track running (generally) north to south on the eastern extent of the beat?
Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
Am there at stags during first week in October.
Well, how did you get on? I believe 13 animals were taken across the beats (I understand Brodick blanked).

sikasako

Yep. 3 off Glenashdale, 3 off Glenscorrodale.
Remainder across other beats apart from Southend and Brodick which blanked.

James0586

I was on Dyemill first week of the stags only seen hinds (loads) and Bob seen 2 stags on the beat after dark with a thermal! That’s the way it goes unfortunately. Glencoresdale had 5 Brodick had 2 shedog had 1 maybe 2 and I cannot remember the rest. It’s hard graft!