Good evening from Derbyshire

Delwint

Hi all, i have just joined this site, and felt I should say hello and introduce myself. I have shot for the last few years and currently own air rifles, shot guns (12 bore, 410 hush power pump, semi auto) and rifles in .22, .17 hmr and .223I have permission on 4 local farms totalling 3000 acres give or take a little. And control the pigeons, corvids rabbits and foxes. I’m considering putting in for .243 but at present only very very rarely do we get a passing deer. And I don’t think my feo will warrant that I have good enough reason for that calibre. I’m sure I’ll ask some daft questions and I hope you will humour me Atb Delwint

Tim.243

Hi all, i have just joined this site, and felt I should say hello and introduce myself. I have shot for the last few years and currently own air rifles, shot guns (12 bore, 410 hush power pump, semi auto) and rifles in .22, .17 hmr and .223I have permission on 4 local farms totalling 3000 acres give or take a little. And control the pigeons, corvids rabbits and foxes. I’m considering putting in for .243 but at present only very very rarely do we get a passing deer. And I don’t think my feo will warrant that I have good enough reason for that calibre. I’m sure I’ll ask some daft questions and I hope you will humour me Atb Delwint

Welcome from Essex

Tim.243

Chris J

Welcome from another in Chesterfield. You need a good reason to hold a rifle for deer. One of those being permission to shoot deer from the landowner. If you have that then there's really no overriding reason why he shouldn't grant that. We've said this before, don't start from a negative position. You want a centre fire and have good reason. Let him argue that you don't. You can always come and join up with the Chesterfield and District Rifle and Pistol club and then he really has no argument at all.
Give me a shout and we can hook up if you like and talk turkey. I have a good relationship with the FLO on our patch.