Good value Roe sack for sale Frankiona

8x57

Distinguished Member
Glendine I'm not sure that it is a roe sack. It only says that it is a canvas back pack for hunting with large compartment and pockets. There is no mention of a liner or if indeed it is intended to carry roe.

Last edited:

Glendine

Glendine I'm not sure that it is a roe sack. It only says that it is a canvas back pack for hunting with large compartment and pockets. There is no mention of a liner or if indeed it is intended to carry roe.

Hi 8x87,

Correct the description IS not very detailed. However theres hope!

I recieved mine last week. It has a liner and its of good thick material. The pockets are quite large. The straps are made from pure leather overall the bag is superb for the price.
its 55cm x 65cm which is a good size. I will be using it come September so I will update on how it works out under field use.

Glendine.

Bavarianbrit

Inklusive Schweißeinlage means = included is a bloodproof liner.
I use a similar version and they work very well.
Martin

8x57

Distinguished Member
Thanks Martin my translator didn't pick up on that and my understanding of German is very very limited. Looks like a real bargain then.

Glendine

Thanks Martin my translator didn't pick up on that and my understanding of German is very very limited. Looks like a real bargain then.

8x57,

Its one hell of a deal if you convert to pounds sterling its very cheap.
Glendine.

AlasdairM

I tried to order one but it appeared there was a minimum order value of 100 euro for outside of Germany so gave up at that point. It may be worth calling them to ask and hope someone speaks English.

Psyxologos

That is not a problem with me as I can have the sack sent to my in laws and they can bring it to me for Christmas. If more of you are interested, why don't you go for a group buy? You only need 5 of these to make it work.

JMS906

As above to advice any member who maybe interested.

http://www.frankonia.de/332004/2087...=9$88&articleNumber=150241&navCategoryId=6621

Regards,
Glendine.

My friend Bill has one like that. It's nice looking and traditional, but I can't recommend it. In October, three of us butchered and carried out a fairly large bodied stag from a tricky spot. It was something over a mile, uphill over rough broken ground, from the stag to the vehicle.

I used my BDS canvas roe sack (which I very much do recommend with one reservation) to carry a haunch and a fore leg. [Postscript looking on the BDS website, they do not seem to have this one currently.] My friend Bill used his German roe sack (as far as I can tell the same as the one in question) to carry the saddle and some other bits. Dan used a quality "hiking" rucksack to carry the other haunch and fore leg. Dan deliberately chose that rucksack because it is designed for load carrying.

Apart from puffing a bit - I'm a desk jockey - I had no problems. The BDS roe sack coped very well, the weight was in the right place, and the padded shoulder straps were comfortable. I was carrying something around 50lbs but it was stable and well positioned. Dan with the same load in his hiking rucksack also had no problems for the same reasons. Bill with the German rucksack was carrying the least weight and had a hard time. Faor enough, Bill is in his 60s, I'm in my 50s and Dan is in his 30s. But Bill is always outdoors and fitter than either Dan or me.

Bill suffered due to his rucksack's design. The plain leather straps cut into his shoulders. Furthermore, the straps join the rucksack between the shoulder blades and this design keeps the weight low down on the back. Additionally, the shape of the bag allows the load to hang some distance off the back, pulling Bill backwards which resulted in him having to lean forward to get the right centre of gravity. By the time we got to the truck, he wasn't a happy bunny. Whereas when I took off my rucksack I simply "grew" six inches and was happy not to be carrying the load - no other complaints. Ditto for Dan.

Footnote My reservation with the BDS roesack is that the nylin webbing which reinforces on the shoulder straps provides little friction for the rifle sling, so it has a tendency to slip sideways. I was thinking of sticking some rubber onto the strap or fixing a hook to secure the sling. Here are some pics. It's designed to carry two roe, and has an inner liner.

Triss & roesack, R profile sm.jpg Triss & roesack, reverse sm.jpg

And this is the secondary use for the rucksack, keep the dog warm and dry. :)
Tuppence, roesack, inside sm.jpg

-JMS

Tackleberry270

I had one of these for a while. I payed the full price and bought a few other bits to qualify for postage. They are good value for money. The liner does the job. Personally I don't like the lack of back support on most roe sacks which is why I designed and made my own. I also made a clip to keep a rifle sling from slipping but the prototype needs some adjusting. You will probably find it under 'custom roe sack' if you wanted to see it.

I still have the Frankonia roe sack and although it has had some use it has plenty of life left in it. I suspect it will cost around £8 to post but if someone wants it I am happy to post it for £23.

Leica Amplus 6