Gordon Ramsey

tom

Has anybody read the Basc magazine out this month was the basc press officer there ! The programme i saw resulted in Gordon not being able to take the shot at the munty ,which is fare enough but why has basc obviously felt the need to not mention it ! Good on Gordon for bringing stalking in to the public eye . :!:

C

Carl Gustaf

I think the fact that he didn't take the shot speaks volumes to the bunny loving general public.
I prefer Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, he brought deer stalking to the public ten years ago, as did Ray Mears repeatedly in his programs. Gordon Ramsey just does it for the shock value.

The River Cottage website, (Hugh Fearnley's) site has many threads on deer stalking.

B

Bagpuss

HFW? Another spot light craving clown. IMO

I bet Fanny Craddock would have dropped the hammer when the thing turned broadside.

tom

Ray mears You dont get that fat eating roots and shoots ! I agree with you cg about hfw i have met him and he is a genuine guy who has done alot for eating game in this country

C

Carl Gustaf

Spot light craving clown? Now that would be Fanny Craddock. She couldn't even cook!
Hugh Fearnley has done alot to re-educate the green cardigan brigade about hunting and the rearing and dispatching of domestic animals. He has also drawn attention to Traditional British food and farming.
He is also the only pro hunting celeb able to keep his programmes on the air. Most other shows get axed at the mere mention of 'cooking up a bunny'. 'Johnny and Clarissa' fore instance.

B

Bagpuss

Carl Gustaf said:
Hugh Fearnley has done alot to re-educate the green cardigan brigade about hunting and the rearing and dispatching of domestic animals. He has also drawn attention to Traditional British food and farming.
He is also the only pro hunting celeb able to keep his programmes on the air. Most other shows get axed at the mere mention of 'cooking up a bunny'. 'Johnny and Clarissa' fore instance.
Who are the "green cardigan brigade" when they come into the countryside?

I take it you are referring to his last TV series. What a load of compost material that was. Johnny Scott and Clarissa Dickson Wright managed 2 series which is about the norm for such programme formats I am reliably informed.

The last thing I saw HFW trying to cook was some moroccan dish using feral pigeons. Hardly what I would call TRADITIONAL BRITISH FOOD!!!

C

Carl Gustaf

Clarissa Dickinson Wright told me herself at a book signing that the BBC had axed her show. The Moroccan dish was in the first series ten years ago. I'm wasting my time even writing this because Bagpuss you don't know what you are talking about.

B

Bagpuss

Carl Gustaf said:
Clarissa Dickinson Wright told me herself at a book signing that the BBC had axed her show. The Moroccan dish was in the first series ten years ago. I'm wasting my time even writing this because Bagpuss you don't know what you are talking about.
Like I said 2 series about par for the course for TV programmes using that format.

Was it really 10m years ago, Still hardly what I'd call traditional british food. Nor was some of the stuff he knocked up in the last abysmal offering.

Or are you trying to claim that spag bog is tradionally british nosh? :p

Of course we always sit down to a traditional britsih sunday lunchtime dinner of king pawn vindaloo and pilau rice with plenty of poppadoms and chutneys. :p Not!

Duncs

Guys...don't take the bait. Just think "Sad G*T" and click on by. I think it used to be called "Coventry" that they got sent to. Please don't leave again, there are a lot of people who learn, and enjoy reading the posts. Don't let the small minded tw*t win.

M

malcolm

If some people cant reply with a civil response to peoples postings then please do not reply at all. The greater majority on this forum are now becoming tired of the bull**** that is posted under one or two names, but more than likely it is from the same old person who has no manners, and is somewhat of a coward as he hides behind a computer screen and must have the most miserable life. I also think he is under two or three names again, and plays each name in a supporting role with each other.

I think ladies and gentlemen I agree with Duncs, and we just send them to coventry. Besides as CG also adds it is only a matter of time before they are thrown off the site again. It is off putting to a great many people, especially those who wish to pursue stalking and require help through this site, only to find that some people take great pleasure in making offensive remarks and non constructive criticism, when a perfectly civil answer or point of view is all that is required.

Perhaps the people or person in question are anti's, it is possible as they appear to be just about anti everything and everyone on this site. They must be very sad and lonely people.