Got a couple new molds !

6pt-sika

Here are pics of the two molds Mt Sourdough (friend from a cast bullet forum) sent me !
Got them yesterday and was hoping to cast both today but I got to the shop to late as there were already 4 or 5 folks there to see me .

The 433-420GC Huckleberry !

And the 433-450PB Hamfist !

So maybe I can get them cast in the morning if I get to the shop a couple hours earlier !
Then perhaps sometime before hunting season I can see how they shoot in my ballard fast twist 2001 Marlin 444 !

So that now makes seven molds in the 390-450 grain range I have now for shooting in that 2001 Marlin !

nice moulds wish we could get them over here, sold my 45/70 ranch dog mould when i sold my 1895 marlin but got a 444 marlin now :D

greenshoots

nice moulds wish we could get them over here, sold my 45/70 ranch dog mould when i sold my 1895 marlin but got a 444 marlin now :D

greenshoots

When Ranch Dog was still in buisness I usually benefitted from getting one of the test molds for all the leveraction molds he made !

When he brought the 432-350GC mold out I had the dubiouse honor of killing the first deer with it !

When he came up with his designs for the 25-20 and 32-20 he based them on chamber casts from several Marlin's I had at the time . Same can be said for the mold he designed for the 338 Marlin Express .

I obviousel still cast for the 444 and have atleast two molds for each of his designs in 44 cal . Still have the 45-70 350 and 425 molds as well .

I actually have one of my circa 1972 444T's in the truck now loaded with the Ranch Dog 432-240GC for use on our Damage Control Permit for deer at a new farm we got this year !

You can, or at least you can order similar from the U.S. http://accuratemolds.com/temp/catSt04tX1312800040.pdf
Purchased a couple of 9.3mm designs myself, make lovely cast bullets and excellent company to deal with.

Never dealt with Accurate before although I have heard good things on those folks !

I have however dealt with Mountain Molds and they do an excellent job . Same can be said for LBT as well as the now defunct BRP company . Also had decent service from NEI although it was always a bit longer then they would lead one to believe . There's a relatively new company called NOE (Night Owl Enterprises) that makes excellent molds of aluminium and brass . I have a couple of their molds from when they first started , only problem I ever had with them was turn around . They came in with quick turn around etc and then it sort of exploded on them and waits of 6 months to a year were common . So now I refrain from using them anylonger . MiHec from I forgot where in Europe makes some very nice molds as I have a 2 cavity Cramer style mold from him made in brass that is very nice . Got one mold from BallistiCast a 462-550GC design for the 45-70 I no longer have that was a very nice mold .

Anyway for now the majority of my stuff comes from Mountain Molds .

Back