got the un-used tikka 590 .243 out today

bobjs

I have not fired this rifle for about 7 months,

So i stuck the scope off my 20 tac on it and dropped a borrowed T8 on it, zerod it with 5 privi shots and then had three home loads left,

I was running 100 gr privi on the zeroing and then I had 3 x 70 gr noslers left from my old foxing loads.I popped out on the estate ange today over lunch and gave the old girl a run for her money.

1st was a tad high so dropped it 4 clicks

In the end I was very happy with the results and i am now thinking why am I not keeping the 243 ?

View attachment 33195 View attachment 33199 View attachment 33196 View attachment 33197 View attachment 33198

bob

bobjs

Bob. you could of tried? will be on its way tomorrow.

Chris.

Hi Chris

I only had about 45 mins to get there set up and then zero ;), im happy with it,

and again thank you for the phone call last night.

kind regards

bob.

bobjs

All good Bob.

Not bad Chris,

Im going to run this and give the 20 tac a rest, i have a few 70 gr noslers left so will enjoy charlie bashing with this instead.

ps: ref the lost item........................:( no sign of it today, so will be back out tomorrow after the shoot,

bob.

jay 22

nice looking rifle bob that. i am very surprised it didn't sell when you had it up for a steal of a price

bobjs

nice looking rifle bob that. i am very surprised it didn't sell when you had it up for a steal of a price

I Know Jay, its those nice old 590/595 actions for some reason some folk think its best to buy new ?

any joy in the RPA mate, i have told a few lads on the estate and i will pass the word around tomorrow on the shoot,

bob.