GRS stock

Jeffo

Going to buy one of the above soon, it is for my tikka.308 ctr 20"Barrel, it will be used for target shooting, and shooting of the bonnet of a jeep, I am currently leaning towards the GRS Warg, although I do like the laminate stocks as well, but with the added price of bedding, it's going a bit pricey, any opinions would be appreciated, thanks

banus

good morning jeffo, I do not know about grs laminated stocks but have personal experience of the grs berserk, dont bother! useless on a stalking rifle,point of aim shift from bipod/sticks/freehand/rested etc I don't range shoot but do check my zero often.a friend has the updated version and still has issues although not as noticeable

pete evans

Going to buy one of the above soon, it is for my tikka.308 ctr 20"Barrel, it will be used for target shooting, and shooting of the bonnet of a jeep, I am currently leaning towards the GRS Warg, although I do like the laminate stocks as well, but with the added price of bedding, it's going a bit pricey, any opinions would be appreciated, thanks
I got a GRS stock and piller and glass bedded it myself. It was relitavely easy. I used devcon plastic steel and made the pillars myself also used some plastacine clear boot polish and a dremmel. Once finished I got some longer stock screws as I had lost a couple of mill of threads.

Jeffo

I have thought about having a go at bedding it myself if I do get 1 but a bit wary of messing it up
Also was thinking about the GRS bit frost, my think I would prefer the wrag got to look into things a lot more before deciding on what to go for, might try and get to the Shooting Show, and have a look at their range

Jeffo

pete evans which GRS stock you have got,have you had any problems with it,like banus had

sharkbait

I bought a grs berserk stock for my tikka t3 had issue straight away the bolt handle wouldn't move or barely moved when screws tightened up loosened the stock screws off and all was fine with the bolt!
Stock now sits in bottom of cupboard £300 wasted

243lee

Sorry to jump in, im literally waiting for a berserk stock to be delivered hopefully tomorrow but having just read this im wondering if iv wasted a few quid
Just wondering if any of the poi changes were resolved? Barrel not fully floating? Although it will be going on my tikka t1x or tikka .222 which both have sporter barrels i purposely went for a varmint profile inlet so no chance of touching, not realy worried what it looks like just dont want issues in the field, does anybody with experience with these stocks feel this will solve any potential issues?

leeward

I bought a t3 s/hand fitted with a beserk stock , liked the feel of it straight off , on checking the torque on stock bolts felt loose , tightening to grs spec , found the rear bolt , passed through the action , by a couple of km, stopping the bolt , quick facing in lathe , sorted , stock was nipped up , never had a fault with it after , 2 years on it's just been replaced by a laminate one , just dropped the action in , torque up , went to zero , bang on!

sharkbait

Sorry to jump in, im literally waiting for a berserk stock to be delivered hopefully tomorrow but having just read this im wondering if iv wasted a few quid
Just wondering if any of the poi changes were resolved? Barrel not fully floating? Although it will be going on my tikka t1x or tikka .222 which both have sporter barrels i purposely went for a varmint profile inlet so no chance of touching, not realy worried what it looks like just dont want issues in the field, does anybody with experience with these stocks feel this will solve any potential issues?
Hello mate not sure about the poi shift my problem was with the bolt not moving when stock tightened up did sort of managed to solve this problem by adding a couple of shims either side of the screw holes inside the stock lot better but not 100% just took it off in the end and put old stock on , when I bought mine I was told one stock fits sporting barrel and Varmint they didn't do one for each hence massive clearing around my sporting barrel defo free floating! Which I didn't like massive gap around barrel lookd stupid, if you can get your money back, you can buy my bit of crap if you want

dazb1967

Ive got a GRS Bifrost fitted to my T3 and never had any issues. Fitted it straight out the box and not bedded and its been no problem.

sharkbait

I bought a t3 s/hand fitted with a beserk stock , liked the feel of it straight off , on checking the torque on stock bolts felt loose , tightening to grs spec , found the rear bolt , passed through the action , by a couple of km, stopping the bolt , quick facing in lathe , sorted , stock was nipped up , never had a fault with it after , 2 years on it's just been replaced by a laminate one , just dropped the action in , torque up , went to zero , bang on!
Sounds like that's what's happening to mine rear screw too long stopping bolt moving cheers fella will look at shortening screw

pete evans

pete evans which GRS stock you have got,have you had any problems with it,like banus had
I have the laminated one. It shot well unbedded but thought I would bed for peace of mind. I have friends with the baserka stock and they use unbedded as I believe this is recomended

Swedish

I have GRS stock, its a grey laminated model, factory fitted and glass bedded to my Browning X bolt. Its the GRS Sporter model, I think the colour name is 'Nordic Grey Wolf' which make me feel very manly when out and about! The rifle is very accurate whether resting on sticks, bipod, wall no issues at all.