Guerini

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

Malxwal

Been looking at 20 bore sporters with long barrels, and wondering if anybody would care to share their experiences with Guerinis ?
Seems to see quite a few for sale that are nearly new, which makes ye wonder.

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
When you say long barrels I take it you mean 32 inch ?
i owned a guerini 32 inch 20 bore top spec stunning gun untill a year ago
i sold it on because some bad days on the game one day I'd shoot like a hero
followed by two days crap for no given reason
on the clays wouldn't be a problem just shot well with it
nothing wrong with the gun just lost my confidence on game with it

I now shoot a beretta 686 with 30 inch barrels which is fine for everything
​ regards pete

Malxwal

Pete, was thinking 30" or 32", I like light 32" barrels.
Wondered if there was any comparison to be drawn in feel/handling with either Beretta or Browning/Miroku ?

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
The only thing with browning / miroku is I find that most models shot low for me
the beretta is a higher shooting gun normally
I own a 28 bore 686 a 20 bore 686 and my main dt 10 competion gun with near as dam it
Identical sight picture
I haven't had to alter any of these stocks so a real bonus

as for the 32 inch barrels I've shot these on my twelve bore for the last fifteen years
from competition clays to driven days on game with no problems
but if your not going to be shooting serious competition
personally a 30 inch is much more versatile
​hope this helps. Regards pete

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
Pete

I've shot like that for 30 years, just without the hero bit ;)

​Dom

Dom that's because you enjoy your shooting win lose or draw :tiphat:
ask Paul o off here I'm not a happy chappie unless I come home with the silverware
but usually it's without a pot to **** in :rofl: Regards pete

verminshooter29

very nice handling guns,always been a beretta man but this time I thought I`d try a guerini. glad I did my scores have improved massively..... really starting to go up in price now so maybe a good second hand one would be a wise move

Malxwal

So I'm sort of hearing "more akin to Beretta" ?
Beretta's shoot high for me, my O/Us are all Miroku, I have an MK70 28" 20g and an MK60 32" 12g. I have a hankering for a longer (and sadly I must admit prettier) 20g, but the Berettas I have shot with just didn't work for me.
It will boil down to trying out the gun as ever.

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
Beretta's shoot high for me, my O/Us are all Miroku, I have an MK70 28" 20g and an MK60 32" 12g. I have a hankering for a longer (and sadly I must admit prettier) 20g, but the Berettas I have shot with just didn't work for me.
It will boil down to trying out the gun as ever.

Quite rightly whatever you choose it must fit
​regards pete

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Ha Ha they nearly got it past you !!!!!!!!

Still not sure what I've missed! :lol:

Beretta's shoot high for me, my O/Us are all Miroku

Weird 'cos I've always found Brownings and Miroku's shoot high for me whereas Beretta's shoot flat. :-|

Not that it mattered much today... seem to have lost my mojo lately with another bad round of clays today :(

Malxwal

Ah well, until I find a Guerini I'm keen on at a place I can actually try it I won't know.
I'd hope the quality of construction and reliability would be commensurate with the price tag (not always the case I know).This was partly the reason for my thread, as there isn't a great deal of knowledge about them.
For the money involved they certainly appear a very aesthetically pleasing gun, but if it doesn't work for me I'll be heading back down the Browning/Miroku path.

woodmaster

Not sure where you are from Malxwal? You could send Nitroexpress a PM as he is an agent for CG in the Warwickshire area. He has a couple himself which you may be able to try as he has a large farm in the same location as the shop. Have a look at the web site which I think is expressrifles.com or .co.uk. ATB

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...