Guideline LPXe 9/10 - 14” 3 piece

EckyP243

Hi Folks - I’m looking for a mid section feom the old (original) style LPXE 3 piece salmon fly rods made by Guideline. I’ve contacted Guideline and they don’t have any spares so putting out the feelers here please? If you have any leads please let me know.

thanks
Alex

whenty1

Hi Folks - I’m looking for a mid section feom the old (original) style LPXE 3 piece salmon fly rods made by Guideline. I’ve contacted Guideline and they don’t have any spares so putting out the feelers here please? If you have any leads please let me know.

thanks
Alex
Hi there , just Wondering If you ever found a new section for your lpxe
Regs paul

whenty1

Hi Alex , almost the same as you but I snapped my tip section hit it with a copper tube !
I have searched everywhere and most fishing forums too but I don’t expect will find anything as 10 years old !
I think only way is if a complete rod comes up for sale on eBay !!
Unless you sell me your tip and but section or I sell you my but and middle section 😂
I have the matching 15’ 10/11 , both nice rods !!
Regs Paul

BSAvale

Probably no help if guideline don’t have spares but John Norris got me a spare tip for my guideline trout rod when I managed to snap it 😫

whenty1

Yeah tried them , tried just about everywhere I can think of as I did like that rod .
I’m pretty sure it’s a no go for any spares for a rod that old 😒

willie_gunn

Ah yes, I see the one on eBay is a 4-piece, not 3. Sorry about that :(

Looks like they do occasionally come up on there though.

I’m after the top section of an 8’6” Hardy Viscount #5 :-|