Gun bag filling

Lucky Sniper

Can anyone post links for bulk plastic beads to fill my Caldwell gun bag. Or anything that is as good. Links really appreciated. Thanks

I used white plastic beads , I got a bag full from a factory that made bits and bobs for hospitals.
Its a pity your so far from me you could have had what I had left over.
If you wanted to pay post I could send you what I have I think there should be enough to fill I think pos a large bag , I could have a look and see how much is their if you wanted.

I use coloured fish tank gravel. Then got some plastic chippings for free. The plastic chippings are the best.

Cheapest of all is used walnut shell media used in case tumblers. That you might get free!

Cat litter and rice...well that's OK until the bag gets a soaking and then it'll be pretty horrible.

woodmaster

I put a plastic sealing bag inside mine that was plenty big enough to fill with the cheapest rice I could find. Then just zip the seal up and fold bag over before doing up the external caldwell bag. Have had it for 2-3 years now. It's heavy but makes a real nice support. I don't sit out in the rain checking zero or load development.

ejg

Find a smallish company who extrude or injection mould plastics. They should have some left over plastic granulate that won't rot or swell.
edi

Lucky Sniper

I used white plastic beads , I got a bag full from a factory that made bits and bobs for hospitals.
Its a pity your so far from me you could have had what I had left over.
If you wanted to pay post I could send you what I have I think there should be enough to fill I think pos a large bag , I could have a look and see how much is their if you wanted.
I have sent you a PM leeroy :)

I bought plastic granules from eBay to fill a Caldwell bag. Good and heavy.

Paste this into the search box in eBay and you'll find them:

Plastic toys Poly Pellets Granules for stuffing weighting decoration LDPE