Gun shops in Carlisle and Dumfries and Galloway area

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...

groach1234

I have just moved up to Dumfries and Galloway about half an hour from Carlisle and need to pick up some more ammo for when I go home in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any decent shops in the area to pick some up from.

Thanks,

G

ian67

I'm in Dumfries. Roy Jacobs at Closeburn is about 8 miles north of Dumfries and he has a fair bit of ammo. Failing that Gardners Guns, longtown near Carlisle and about 60 miles west of Dumfries you will definitely get it at Glen Luce Gunroom. There is no one I'i'm aware of in Castle Douglas that has ammo but I could be wrong.

243ack

'Two gunshops in Newton Stewart'

Only one now. Tony's closed last year.

Last edited:

deeangeo

Check out the website - it may help
www.gundealer.net/scotland/dumfriesshire.htm

Last edited:

reiver

Is A Brown in Carlisle still going?? If they are (any their website is still there) then they could sort you out

Adrian Brown is still on the go best to ring first if you want 6.5 loaded ammo, I know of no one using it around here who doesn't reload for it so you may struggle to get factory ammo just of the shelf!
Bob

Pedro

Lakeland Guns is well worth a visit, but is half an hour at best off the M6. Malmo guns is literally 5 mins off the motorway near Lancaster and is equally worth a visit should you be going past. Brown's is also still there at Carlisle, but good advice above to call ahead to save a wasted trip. Sorry, can't help much north of the border.

groach1234

Thanks for all the advice after visiting gardners and a brown and then a lot of ringing around I ended up going to closeburn sporting of the 5 or 6 places I tried he was the only one with it.

George

Leica Amplus 6