Gurkhas

jimbo123p

Signed, worked a few time with the lads during my army years, Ace guys and always had a raw deal, All the incomers from here, there and everywhere coming in and we chuck out some of our own who have seen us through thick and thin. Probably come in on the plane from iraq or afganistan, take of the uniform and are frogmarched to the plane out, Jim

Beowulf

Well done Drew,
I did a similar petition awhile back on this site. It made interesting reading, a troll decided that the Gurkhas had no right being here. He got binned bless him! :D I to served with the Gurkhas, a great bunch of blokes.

pheasant sniper 1

Well done guys... i was fortunate enough to compete in the late eighties in an inter forces shooting comp... the gurkhas kicked everyones arse big time including all the special forces lads... they really are as good as it gets...
The treatment befalling these proud lads is appalling...

alled12

Signed. Some of the nicest people I have ever met, providing your not the enemy. Used to take us out in the jungle for a camp annually when I was in Brunei. Shoddy treatment of such a great set of blokes and your not kidding they can shoot, they taught me :D

Beowulf

A Gurkha from the 7th Gurkha Rifles once said to me 'You are a very brave man, I could not do your job' I was amazed and asked why. He pointed to the Frigate behind me, made wave motions with his hand and pretended to be sick. :lol: They don't see many stormy seas living half way up a mountain.

alled12

I shouldnt imagine they do. Am I right I think they have won the most VC's of any regiment in the British army? :rolleyes:

jimbo123p

5 Paras in a bar in Brecon. Two wee gurkhas walks in. Big para says give the boys a glass of milk. Gurkhas say leave. 5 paras say make me. 5 paras carried out. True story. One of the gurkhas was world champion taquandoo or something like that. I servrd with him at Chattendean. Playing volleyball, the ball was being returned over an eight foot high net. He jumped and kicked it downwards. Fast and lethal. Glad he was on my side, Jim

Baldrick

Petition signed, and link forward on to various people.

I too worked alongside the Gurkhas when I was in the Army. They are impressive chaps.

legaleagle69

Never met any in real life but the old bloke who taught me electronics was sergeant in the signals and related a story how one of the Gurkhas had somehow got caught on a live high voltage powerline.. god knows how.. anyway they managed knock him off with a wooden ladder.. he decided to drop in and see how the guy was, any other base in Hong Kong you could wander in and out at will ...oh no not the Gurkhas they frog marched him to the guard house and held him tilll they confirmed his id.. greatly respect these guys through reputation alone.. why do we screw over all the good guys in this day and age and let the scum run free? :evil:
As an asside in WW2 my partners great uncle was inthe Desert Rats and often spoke fondly of these guys how you could get a good nights sleep if they were on guard ..he was never very complimentry of the yanks tho .. :rolleyes: