H4H shoot 2019

the_greenman

Only just saw this event. Gutted but will keep an eye out for next years one! Hope you all have a great day...perfect weather too!!

FISH BOY

No coming up for air or waiting for the wind to drop when taking the 2 Stalkers Test standing shots please!

K
Probably chatted to you but not sure which gent you were. Give us a clue.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable day. Sorry I had to leave early but need the brownie points looking after the kids to get me out tomorrow at 2.30am :p

Mike L

Well I had a great day, learnt a lot. As a newbie I had only ever shot a rifle a couple of times off a tripod, so having to shoot moving targets and kneeling/ prone etc was approached with some trepidation , also having an audience didn't help!!, but I was glad I gave it a go, didn't do anything stupid and hit more than I missed!!
Will definitely do it again.

Mike

paul o'

Thanks guys enjoyed my last day with you very much indeed and I wish all of you many happy times to come :tiphat: yet again the event was as always well run , thanks for cooking some nice grub Ndt ( Mike ) and for all the RO'S for giving there time once again , A big hand's up for Mike and his dear Wife for sorting out all the booking forms ect :thumb: and for booking the sun again .:cool:
AMVB
Paul

8x57

Distinguished Member
I haven't long got home and after putting kit away and grabbing a bite to eat I've done a quick tot up and it looks like this years event will bank a total of around £1,650.53

On top of that we have 1,150 once fired Norma cases in .308win, 6.5x55 Swedish and .30-06 to sell. These have been kindly donated by Border in Norway and transported to us by Jagare, who made the long trip down from Sweden to attend the shoot, and another 400 once fired .308win Norma cases donated by Nic this morning. Unfortunately nobody was looking for a bargain in the way of once fired Norma cases today, so I will be listing them in the classified section sometime in the next couple of days. If we valued them at £30 a hundred that will be potentially another £465 to add to this year's event.

I'm rather busy tomorrow but hopefully I will find time at the start of the week to post a bit of a summary of this year's shoot and will attempt to post a proper thank you to all who made this shoot both extremely enjoyable and a fund raising success. I take my hat off to all you girls and guys who were involved. :tiphat:

243varmint

I haven't long got home and after putting kit away and grabbing a bite to eat I've done a quick tot up and it looks like this years event will bank a total of around £1,650.53

On top of that we have 1,150 once fired Norma cases in .308win, 6.5x55 Swedish and .30-06 to sell. These have been kindly donated by Border in Norway and transported to us by Jagare, who made the long trip down from Sweden to attend the shoot, and another 400 once fired .308win Norma cases donated by Nic this morning. Unfortunately nobody was looking for a bargain in the way of once fired Norma cases today, so I will be listing them in the classified section sometime in the next couple of days. If we valued them at £30 a hundred that will be potentially another £465 to add to this year's event.

I'm rather busy tomorrow but hopefully I will find time at the start of the week to post a bit of a summary of this year's shoot and will attempt to post a proper thank you to all who made this shoot both extremely enjoyable and a fund raising success. I take my hat off to all you girls and guys who were involved. :tiphat:

243varmint

Once again a very good event.
Thanks to the guys at the BSRC for the venue and the RO's for looking after us all.
Again a huge thanks to Mike and Beth for sorting all entries and fielding countless PM's and emails ref this event.

As always the weather was kind again.

I was lucky enough to win a cracking walking stick donated by Stratts.

Good to catch up will like minded people and a good bit of banter.

Cheers.
Jon

sunshinedave

Thanks once again to all who made today possible! A fantastic amount raised for H4H.

An excellent day out in sun and the shoots were great fun.

Dalua

I agree. Excellent day out brilliantly organised by Mr & Mrs 8x57, generously hosted by BSRC and RO'd with patience and good humour by their officers. And a super lunch.
Many thanks to all.

nic531

thank you to those organising and to those attending and helped to make the event a pleasure to be at.
just wish i had shot worth a damm :)

spannulman

What they all said; it wouldn’t be possible without BSRC staff so thanks to them and Mike for organising. Great fun and a good cause too. Good chance to meet other people in the world of stalking.

daddyo

Well another fantastic day at bisley, me and Stratts always make a weekend of it. Great amount of money raised again.
Thank you mike and Beth, and all the RO’s , with out them it wouldn’t be possible. Wether it’s shooting, watching, chilling or chatting it’s always a great day.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Yet again I'm really stumped as to how I can possibly thank all the guys and ladies who have supported this charity shoot this year. Not just those that attended and who hopefully had an enjoyable day's shooting. Well some enjoyed the shooting anyway, and some of us :mad:drove home still bewildered as to where we went wrong. I've minutely examined my rifles this morning to see if it was faulty but failing to find fault with my rifles I have come to the only logical conclusion and that is that the boys at the BSRC (British Sporting Rifle Club) have conducted electronic warfare and rigged the scoring system.

To be perfectly honest the members of the BSRC have really taken over the running of this event the last few years. They are the ones that put in all the real work and effort to make this shoot run smoothly using all the facilities of their superb range complex. They arrive early to set the range up. They run the ranges all day until the last die-hards are finally beaten off the range. They even feed us well at lunch time, then they pack it all away again. Yet they seldom get the chance themselves to actually shoot. That's possibly just as well because while we all enjoy shooting the running boar and running deer we don't really want to be shown up do we. I sincerely tip my hat to all of them. :tiphat:

This year I actually remembered to take my camera with the intention of taking a few photographs to show those who have never visited the BSRC what a lovely range complex the club have made of this little corner of the NRA camp at Bisley. My wife used the camera mainly, and told me that she had taken probably a couple of hundred photographs and that we could delete any that weren't so good. In actual fact when I downloaded them there were only 32 and several of those were of the table legs or the floor. Thankfully she was only shooting a camera and not a rifle. :)
Any way here's just a few photos to give you and idea.

DSC02907.JPG

The front of the BSRC club house and range complex at Bisley.

DSC02899.JPG

Shooting the kneeling series of the stalkers test. The three shooter have already shot two rounds prone from the mats and another two rounds in the sitting position. The roe targets (top left side of photograph) appear small. To the right of the roe, fox and zeroing targets is the running deer butt.

DSC02920.JPG

Here we can see the shooters firing two rounds resting just their elbows on the table. This is supposed to simulate shooting from a high seat and is the last two round to be fired in the stalkers test.

DSC02906.JPG

Again part of the stalkers test, two rounds standing under the watchful eye of the range officer.

DSC02911.JPG

The electronic scoring system used for the stalking test. Not only is each shot and sequence displayed on the screen but a print out of your scores and timings is available at the end of the series. The range officer is able to zoom in on the image of the target if required. Different targets can be programmed into the system as shown by the sitting fox target shown bottom left. Other than a technical problem or a desire to change the target used there is absolutely no need to go down range to score targets.

Last edited:

8x57

Distinguished Member

What the shooter sees of the running boar target on the 50 metre .22 running boar range.

DSC02901.JPG

Loading up prior to shooting the running boar. There is a visual display screen above the shooters head and another next to the range officer/operator that shows the position of each shot on the target and the score.

DSC02925.JPG

The running deer target on its way. This target runs both ways hence the Siamese target.

DSC02926.JPG

From inside the shooting shed of the running deer range. The target looks a lot closer than the 100 yards away that it actually is in this photograph.
DSC02905.JPG

Shooter in the ready position waiting for his next run of the running deer target. The display next to the range officer shows the score of his last shot (not too bad as scoring is 1-5). Previous shots are plotted on the screen along with running score and average. There is a similar display just above the shooters head.

8x57

Distinguished Member
DSC02912.JPG

In recognition that many stalkers now employ quad sticks or tripods the H4H shooters test tries to mimic real life so deviates slightly from the normal rules employed by the BSRC for this test. Under BSRC rules only single or crossed sticks may be used.

DSC02927.JPG

This old Chelsea pensioner skilled in the art of musketry was trying to come to terms with this new fangled breach loading laser system.

DSC02903.JPG

I forgot to mention its all very civilised these days, the ice cream van calls round the range in the afternoon.

ndt man

Thanks guys enjoyed my last day with you very much indeed and I wish all of you many happy times to come :tiphat: yet again the event was as always well run , thanks for cooking some nice grub Ndt ( Mike ) and for all the RO'S for giving there time once again , A big hand's up for Mike and his dear Wife for sorting out all the booking forms ect :thumb: and for booking the sun again .:cool:
AMVB
Paul
Now what's all this nonsense about not shooting again ?? . ☹

paul o'

Tiz true feller its just big guns left for long range bud ,The only thing from Feb next year i'll be shooting is paper and steel at silly ranges while doing my best impression of a beached whale , I shall be doing the fallow then from Jan 2020 is when i'll stop for good , So there be no more silly O'clock waiting in could wet and foggy ditches or nodding off in high seats ,drinking coffee thats been made for 6 hrs , just hoping for a wondrous moment in time to step out ? so i can then drag it away :stag: I'v worn out the metal joints and old bones then add to this the feeling that i don't need to kill anymore just for the sake of it , this has overtaken the thrills of stalking , I enjoy watching deer more now days and i can do that for free pmsl I am not saying if i see any animal in pain i would not end its life , and iam not turning into a grass eater anytime soon lol. 40++ years of stalking and field sports is more than some have in a full lifetime ,Happy times with some real nice guys thats my reward and i cant have wished for more :tiphat: